Receive a signal when a contact or microswitch is closed or opened

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Receive a signal when a contact or microswitch is closed or opened

Have relays and microswitches when the turn on or off, open or close need to get a signal to Homeseer controller. I have an old omni panel which i use the security to show secure and not ready, where I need notification of relay and switches and not easy to get wires back to panel, I have a Cat5 cable at location, I plan to use KMT 8 channel relay which is web controlled. Any suggestions?

Break out the eight wires in the cat5 cable and return them to the panel as up to 7 switched openings.

Other then that, you could use zwave door switches (Or whatever wireless module works with an Omni panel)

Comment

Cannot do that the Cat5 cable will be used to control KMT web relays

Comment

There are IP relay / input modules with IP connection. I have one that I got for $35 and interface it to HS with mcsMQTT plugin. A wireless approach which is a little more DIY would be ESP32 for your inputs if you have many or ESP8266 if you have just a handful. Same plugin for the HS interface.

Comment

joe

​​​​​​​I have multiple situations like that and I use ESP8266 board with zumungo.com relay firmware and Big5 plug-in. Works perfectly. I can sense inputs, trigger relays on input changes, control relays in 5 modes incl schedules, mono triggers, timers etc. It will even sense temperature and motion if needed with sensors attached to it. All integrated with HS3/HS4.

Comment

The IP relay / input modules with IP connection sounds like what i want, wireless is not good. where did you get the board for 35 dollars?

Comment

You can do it the old fashion way with a X10-SM10 SM10 works great

Wil.

Comment

Originally posted by joe View Post
                The IP relay / input modules with IP connection sounds like what i want, wireless is not good. where did you get the board for 35 dollars?
                There are multiple sellers on Ebay. Some ship from a location in the US, others ship from China directly. It appears that all of the boards are quite similar and may ultimately come from the same source.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/182011913244

Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

correct me if i'm wrong, these are just web relays and i can view if on or off, I can do the same with the KMT web relay. But for programming purposes I need to use (example) if contact is closed send text or if relay is closed performs another function. Needs to be like an alarm contact, Secure, Not Ready

Comment

There are 8 relays and 8 digital inputs.
                    https://github.com/davidnewhall/indi...structions.pdf
                    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
                    X