How to get the most out of HS Message Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get the most out of HS Message Board

Hi to all. I am not new to Homeseer but don't post much on the Message board because I am not really sure what to say and where.

Yeah I know it should be easy to pick an area and just post but I would really like to see somewhere a message or help file that could guide NEW to this message board users get there feet wet and on the road to good posting.

As with all message boards there are rules, but I am not sure where to look for them.

Maybe it is there and I just missed it.

This new message board has lots of features. Is there a list of features and how about setting up my account, you know avatars, signatures, smilies?

I don't use instant messengers much or any other message board like fido or newsgroups so I need a basic run through on how to get the most out of using this message board.

Also I think I setup my profile but when I go to Members list I am not listed or I do see me listed.

I see here in additional options Post a poll?? What does this mean and should I?

BMXdad,
    Welcome. We are a bunch of laid back guys on this BB and it really doesn't upset us where new users post their questions. Other than posting a question in the scripts library which is a post only no reply forum. There are no rules posted anywhere. As you get used to all of the forums you'll become more accustomed to where to post. So post away and again welcome.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hi and welcome BMXdad, as Rupp say's we are all pretty laid back here, and no there are no rules, except enjoy and make the most of it. [QUOTE=BMXdad]This new message board has lots of features. Is there a list of features and how about setting up my account, you know avatars, signatures, smilies?{/QUOTE]I have not managed to find one yet, trial and error im afraid.
      Originally posted by BMXdad
      Also I think I setup my profile but when I go to Members list I am not listed or I do see me listed.
      You are there alright, just had a look. Interesting occupation, video tech, does that mean you edit video or what?
      Originally posted by BMXdad
      I see here in additional options Post a poll?? What does this mean and should I?
      Only if you wish to gather other users views on something. Basically you state the question eg: "What do you think of Tink", then list multiple choice answers such as "Yea he's a great guy", "Who is Tink!" and so on, then other members vote and you see the results.
      sigpic
      A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Yes I edit video for a broadcast television station out of NYC. Been in the industry for over 20 years. It has its moments and I have had a wonderful career. Started in New Haven then to Pittsburgh, DFW, Chicago then back home to NYC.

Comment

Working...
        X