Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best irrigation controller for Homeseer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After finding the issue with timers in Hs3, and seeing a problem like this way back with the Hs3 plug for Rain8/Relay8 I dont believe these plugins had a problem themselves. I think it was all the wait statements and timers in my logic. Using the same Rain8 device and writing my own set of timers and logic this has worked flawlessly. I also used to get one zone on, then maybe two would start together or another would pop up on its own. See if you have a bunch of waits in your logic and if so you should be able to resolve this.

Stuart

Comment

I just checked and I left the most important script out of my earlier post - The one that actually waters the lawn.

WaterLawn.vb.txt

My apologies

Comment

Originally posted by outbackrob View Post

I have checked connectivity several times, I am fairly sure the voltage has been checked, but I am NOT sure that CURRENT has been checked. Maybe that power supply ISN'T beefy enough for those trouble making valves.... Good call. I will check into that
        You should just be able to check the voltage at the valve head. If it isn't putting out enough current, you won't see ample voltage. Be sure to set your meter to AC (I always make that mistake). I think the valves are 24 VAC.

It looks like the GoControl uses Z-Wave plus (if you has the one I have). I've found this stuff to be very reliable on the network side.

Now you have me questioning whether my sprinklers are all coming on when they say they are......
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
        Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
        weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

I have used the Rachio controller for several years. They have great customer service as well. As for your valve, you probably have the wires spliced near the valve. If they get wet corrosion could form and interfere with the current to the solenoid on the valve. If the valves have been in use for a long time the the solenoid might just need to be cleaned out. I have never had a zone not turn on because on my controller.

Comment

Originally posted by wpiman View Post
            ....Now you have me questioning whether my sprinklers are all coming on when they say they are......
            I only know because my wife told me! :-)

Comment

I only know because my wife told me! :-)
              Rob,
              So I was outside trying to turn on my sprinklers cause I installed a new head and wanted to adjust it...

I am using MCSSprinklers and I turned on valve 4. It pretty quickly shut itself off, and then the log shows about 3 CAPI Controllers off. I think I did the next OFF myself because MCS Sprinklers showed it being on. Turned it back on, and it did it again. Third time it worked.

Are you using MCS Sprinklers? Does your log show the CAPI controller turned the valve off pretty quickly after it is turned on?

Jun-23 4:08:16 PM Device Control Device: Basement Water Closet Sprinker Controller Valve to Valve 4 On for 30 min (7684) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
              Jun-23 4:08:16 PM Device Control Device: Basement Water Closet Sprinker Controller Valve to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
              Jun-23 4:08:01 PM Device Control Device: Basement Water Closet Sprinker Controller Valve to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
              Jun-23 4:07:42 PM Device Control Device: Basement Water Closet Sprinker Controller Valve to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
              Jun-23 4:07:31 PM Device Control Device: Basement Water Closet Sprinker Controller Valve to Valve 4 On for 30 min (7684) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
              Jun-23 4:07:31 PM Device Control Device: Basement Water Closet Sprinker Controller Valve to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
              Jun-23 4:07:27 PM Device Control Device: Basement Water Closet Sprinker Controller Valve to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
              Jun-23 4:07:15 PM Device Control Device: Basement Water Closet Sprinker Controller Valve to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
              Jun-23 4:07:00 PM Device Control Device: Basement Water Closet Sprinker Controller Valve to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
              Jun-23 4:06:49 PM Device Control Device: Basement Water Closet Sprinker Controller Valve to Valve 4 On for 30 min (7684) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
              Jun-23 4:06:36 PM Device Control Device: Basement Water Closet Sprinker Controller Valve to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

If you think there are OFF commands from mcsSprinklers that should not be there then provide the debug log for analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                  If you think there are OFF commands from mcsSprinklers that should not be there then provide the debug log for analysis.
                  I'm not sure where they are coming from, but sure. Is this procedure in the manual?

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

I think you mean this?
                    6/23/2020 4:06:36 PM A1:R3 Rain8 Front Lawn Inner OFF
                    6/23/2020 4:06:49 PM A1:R4 Rain8 Front Lawn Outer ON
                    6/23/2020 4:07:00 PM A2:R10 Rain8 Porch Back OFF
                    6/23/2020 4:07:15 PM A1:R4 Rain8 Front Lawn Outer OFF
                    6/23/2020 4:07:31 PM A1:R4 Rain8 Front Lawn Outer ON
                    6/23/2020 4:07:42 PM A1:R4 Rain8 Front Lawn Outer Forced OFF
                    6/23/2020 4:07:42 PM A1:R4 Rain8 Front Lawn Outer External ON
                    6/23/2020 4:08:01 PM A1:R4 Rain8 Front Lawn Outer OFF
                    6/23/2020 4:08:16 PM A1:R4 Rain8 Front Lawn Outer ON
                    6/23/2020 4:28:17 PM A1:R4 Rain8 Front Lawn Outer OFF

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

Originally posted by wpiman View Post
                      ...Are you using MCS Sprinklers? Does your log show the CAPI controller turned the valve off pretty quickly after it is turned on?
                      I am not. I got my controller prior to Michael adding GoControl to the questionnaire installation process. I am using the base commands for the valve and some pretty intricately timed events.

Comment

I'm not sure where they are coming from, but sure. Is this procedure in the manual?
                        The Other Page of mcsSprinklers, at the bottom, has provisions to collect debug data for various forms of internal execution analyses. If something is occurring that you do not expect then the debug should be enabled so data is collected. A debug file will be created each day when enabled and intermediate files can be pushed out using the button on the same page. The files can be emailed to the email that is setup in mcsSprinklers or they can be copied from the \Data\mcsSprinklers folder. If you want some analysis then open a thread on the mcsSprinklers forum so this thread is not hijacked any more.

The data in post #24 is user data showing the log of what happened. The debug data is about why it happened.

Comment

Originally posted by clafa View Post
                          Hi,
                          i have the rachio sprinkler controller.
                          i use the plugin to control zones with the screens I built in hstouch . wife likes the rachio app,
                          i have a hard wired rain sensor and the rachio app has predictive forecast built so I dont have the need for hs3 to read the weather and take action.
                          i like that rachio takes care of future rain and the local ran sensor of prior rainfall. i have the 1st generation of rachio...you can find them cheap on ebay..
                          cheers
                          Same here. I used to use Rain8 but switched to Rachio and have never looked back. There is a HS plugin (UltraRachio3) that works as expected.
                          I do like the water savings from Rachio as it is 'weather forecast aware'. And you can control it with the native app even if HS is down.
                          The only drawback is that it is 'cloud based' so needs an internet connection to work.
                          iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

I purchased the Orbit B-hyve to be able to control my rental home's sprinkler system, i needed something simple so the tenants can use it. Installation was straightforward. They are using the manual setting but when the home is vacant, i can use the cell phone option. It only takes a few seconds to initiate a total system watering from either the controller itself or cell phone/tablet. I like that any instructions from the keypad or remote device will be displayed instantly on both. You can read reviews here I'm very happy with purchase.

Comment

That looks pretty freakin awesome! Unfortunately, I already have a full system with 9 zones around the property....
                              If your actual system has a entry for moisture controler, you can control it by a certain way.
                              Closing this contact will stop the irrigation. You can tie what you want to this, a relay or any contact closure you can control with your HS.
                              Then, using a weather plugin you can stop irrigation when it is raining, or if it will rain for sure the next day, depending how you can manage the weather plugin.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rainbird.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	1564114
                              Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

Comment

I've been using the Go Control unit and just added more zones for a total of 7. It's tied to events that get the rain data from my new Tempest weather station. Unfortunately, due to lack of rain there are significant restrictions on watering in my area so I've temporarily disabled automatic events except for the vegetable garden. The events take into consideration the rain totals over the last two days but I haven't done anything about adding a forecast for the next 24 hours to the mix.

It's been flawless as has my Go Control garage door opener. Unfortunately, they've both been discontinued which is all too common for so many z-wave product manufacturers. These things are bound to fail someday and with a solid history I would probably run out and buy another one if I could. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
                                X