Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hs3 wait command not working before a timer restart

Hi,
    trying to delay running a reset of a timer due to the fact I need to process the timer before resetting it. So the event has a wait for 4 seconds, and noticed that the timer displays 4 seconds when it starts so in effect the wait does not work for timers. Anyone else seeing this and I wonder if this same logic is in Hs4?

Stuart

Can you show a screenshot of your event setup.

Comment

You could put the timer reset in a separate event and then run that event after the wait.
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

thanks, I get that and was trying to make this with less events then more. I'm just used to using wait before turning on or off lights, just never had the occasion to replace a device with a timer action and find the wait didn't....
        Stuart

!!! Just created the timer restart in an separate event and then left the 4 second delay in the first event. The timer is still starting immediately and the time display only waits. So internally the timer starts immediately and the device page does not show the accumulating seconds until the wait is over. So a wait of 4 seconds and the time time resets and displays starting at 4 seconds.

Definitely broken , just created a another set of events to check this speech and device actions wait the time but the timer gets started immediately even with a wait and run another event.

Comment

So does anyone have a simple way to delay starting a timer... The wait does not stop it from starting immediately even if in another event
          Stuart

Comment

That is really bizarre! I just confirmed it, but I still can't believe it. I think this is one to run past HS support.
            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart View Post
              So does anyone have a simple way to delay starting a timer... The wait does not stop it from starting immediately even if in another event
              Stuart
              You could try this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	187
Size:	10.0 KB
ID:	1394218
              Jon

Comment

I get the same result with the immediate script. It appears that, just as with delay, the timer commands are executed with regard to the trigger time. That is certainly not intuitive, and I'm having trouble coming up with any rationale for designing it that way. What is most puzzling is that it occurs even if the timer command is in another event!

Comment

Iunderstand this is a bug but my questions are:
                  1. Why do you want to add a wait to the start of the timer?
                  2.What good is this doing?
                  3.Don't you want to know when motion is detected instantly?
                  4.What actions are triggered with this timer and can you not just set them to trigger 4sec latter?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                  X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                  Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                  Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                  Scripts =
                  Various

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart View Post
                    Stuart
                    Add the extra 4 seconds to the timer limit value you are checking for?
                    Len

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
                    Linux version: Linux homeseer Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64
                    Number of Devices: 633
                    Number of Events: 773

Enabled Plug-Ins
                    2.0.54.0: BLBackup
                    2.0.40.0: BLLAN
                    3.0.0.48: EasyTrigger
                    30.0.0.36: RFXCOM
                    3.0.6.2: SDJ-Health
                    3.0.0.87: weatherXML
                    3.0.1.190: Z-Wave

Comment

Hi,
                      I have a motion detector in my driveway and every detection speaks in the house. There are times when there is a lot more activity in that area and don't want to shut down the event or quiet the speech in the house. I also don't want to limit it to do not trigger for x.... so I figured it would be great to trip the motion , then check the timer and if the timer is over 20 seconds I would only hear the first trip and as long as there was motion within 20 seconds of the first trip I would no longer hear any activation's until the elapsed time was at least 20 seconds after the last motion. the problem is that the wait never delays the restart of the timer. I need to read the timer before it is reset.
                      So it would work like this if motion , read timer, if timer greater than 20 seconds then speak, wait 4 seconds then restart the timer. this way the motion is the trigger but I need to read the timer when this occurs and I need seconds. This insures I get only one notification until the motion stops. It would work really well if you had a bunch of kids playing basketball and only get one notification and then its like a reset after they leave.
                      Stuart

Comment

Most motion sensors have a setting that will keep it from resending a "motion" signal until there has been no motion for X seconds or minutes---does your sensor not have this parameter setting?

Comment

Hi, no setting on this one. this is a dual beam detector, one beam parallel to the ground and the second beam goes at an angle. thus you could be on a busy street and get no falses from the street yet detect motion at your front door. Also I want to be able to change the length of time for different times of day.

Stuart

Comment

Have you tried adding a condition that the motion sensor has been no motion/off for at least 20 seconds?

That is, every x seconds (recurring trigger), And If the motion sensor has been off for 20 seconds, turn a virtual device on.
                            When the motion sensor changes to on, if the virtual device is on, run the speak event and turn the virtual device off.

Comment

This issue may not be what it seems.

For an entirely different reason, I was just reviewing Jon00's report of my events, ordered by last run time, and I noticed that an event that runs several other events in sequence, each after a Wait action, resulted in all of the dependent events running at the same time. ?? By all appearances, Wait actions were not being honored.

I wonder if there is a more general bug lurking here.

EDIT: Probably not. See here. It probably has more to do with how the HS event engine applies the Wait action.

Comment

Working...
                              X