Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Homeseer integration with People-Counting Cameras

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Homeseer integration with People-Counting Cameras

    Hello guys, I hope you're all keeping safe during these tough times.

    I was wondering whether there was a Camera for counting people (entering and leaving) that is compatible with Homeseer. We would need to display the number of people entering and leaving a building on a HS GUI, so it would have to be reported by the plugin as well.

    Any information you can give would be great!

    Thanks!.

    #2
    Originally posted by dchramcow View Post
    Hello guys, I hope you're all keeping safe during these tough times.

    I was wondering whether there was a Camera for counting people (entering and leaving) that is compatible with Homeseer. We would need to display the number of people entering and leaving a building on a HS GUI, so it would have to be reported by the plugin as well.

    Any information you can give would be great!

    Thanks!.

    Are you a business or an individual?

    The unit is available and its not a camera but NAS : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3Lzoczmt6s But I don't even think the developer of the Surveillance Station plugin has looked at it. It could even just work with the current features and you do the AI features on the side (on the NAS) PRICE : Amazon.co.uk



    Eman

    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

    Comment


      #3
      You might want to look at SoundHound.com
      and the UltraSoundhoundvideo 3 PI.
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548
      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station

      Enabled Plug-Ins
      3.0.0.6: AK Smart Device 3.0.1.9: AmbientWeather 2.0.63.0: BLBackup 3.0.55.0: BLGData 3.0.38.0: BLLock 2.0.26.0: BLUPS 3.2.0.1: Device History 3.0.0.73: EasyTrigger 3.25.614.1: HSBuddy 3.1.0.22: MeiHarmonyHub 3.1.0.2: SDJ-Health 19.10.7.1: TPLinkSmartHome 3.0.6681.34300: UltraCID3 3.0.6644.26753: UltraLog3 3.0.6554.33094: UltraMon3 3.0.5960.36744: UltraSighthoundVideo3 3.0.7806.23606: UltraWeatherWU3 3.0.2.0: Z-Wave

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Eman View Post
        Are you a business or an individual?

        The unit is available and its not a camera but NAS : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3Lzoczmt6s But I don't even think the developer of the Surveillance Station plugin has looked at it. It could even just work with the current features and you do the AI features on the side (on the NAS) PRICE : Amazon.co.uk



        Eman
        We are a business.

        I'm sorry but I'm not following, the NAS is the one that would provide this functionality? (people counting)

        Would this work with any IP camera then?

        Thanks for the response btw!

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by ewkearns View Post
          You might want to look at SoundHound.com
          and the UltraSoundhoundvideo 3 PI.
          Sorry @ewkerns,

          Can you explain how soundhound would accomplish this?

          Thanks!

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Eman View Post
            But I don't even think the developer of the Surveillance Station plugin has looked at it. It could even just work with the current features and you do the AI features on the side (on the NAS)
            Currently it is not supported. If there is an API for it, i can add it.

            EDIT: apparently it is supported in the API

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by dchramcow View Post

              Sorry @ewkerns,

              Can you explain how soundhound would accomplish this?

              Thanks!
              My bad. It is SightHound. I'm not sure it is ready for prime time, but they are working on software that counts by using video. This is the closest to anything (I am aware of) that might do (now or later) what you wish.

              See: https://www.sighthound.com/
              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548
              Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station

              Enabled Plug-Ins
              3.0.0.6: AK Smart Device 3.0.1.9: AmbientWeather 2.0.63.0: BLBackup 3.0.55.0: BLGData 3.0.38.0: BLLock 2.0.26.0: BLUPS 3.2.0.1: Device History 3.0.0.73: EasyTrigger 3.25.614.1: HSBuddy 3.1.0.22: MeiHarmonyHub 3.1.0.2: SDJ-Health 19.10.7.1: TPLinkSmartHome 3.0.6681.34300: UltraCID3 3.0.6644.26753: UltraLog3 3.0.6554.33094: UltraMon3 3.0.5960.36744: UltraSighthoundVideo3 3.0.7806.23606: UltraWeatherWU3 3.0.2.0: Z-Wave

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by dchramcow View Post
                We are a business.

                I'm sorry but I'm not following, the NAS is the one that would provide this functionality? (people counting)

                Would this work with any IP camera then?

                Thanks for the response btw!
                Yes,
                That NAS acts as the control center and processor for event logging and a lot more features not to mention storage! For all the heavy lifting is already done only if the dev of the Synology plugin decides to support it. The cameras (fixed) of so many brands can be used for the feature of people counting (they act as sensors) And the PTZ type cameras do the other features. You just have to research (read) about it!
                Now, if the cameras used are also advanced, they can be set up in linked mode to do handover smart tracking like in this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjtr-XxYhaM

                You get the picture ?



                Eman
                TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

                Comment

                Working...
                X