Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shine Bathroom - automate cleaning the toilet!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shine Bathroom - automate cleaning the toilet!!!!

My prayers have been answered ... and works with Alexa!

Who's going in first????

https://shop.shinebathroom.com/

Interesting... reminds me of the Toto toilet a buddy of mine bought (yeah he's loaded) https://www.totousa.com/neorest-750h...with-actilight

Comment

Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
      Interesting... reminds me of the Toto toilet a buddy of mine bought (yeah he's loaded) https://www.totousa.com/neorest-750h...with-actilight
      now I have toilet envy
      HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
      Number of Devices: 1005
      Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Originally posted by jmaddox View Post

now I have toilet envy

Comment

Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
          A car or this. I’ll buy a Toto

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post

A car or this. I’ll buy a Toto
            Whoa! I didn't go price it until your comment

Comment

I FINALLY got mine in the mail the other day and got them set up today. Pretty easy setup, but all it does it squirt stuff in the bowl so how hard would it be? We'll see how well it works over the next few weeks......

Comment

Following this thread...

It says it needs a cleaning pod, do those need to be replaced? How much do they cost? I'm trying to determine the "true" long-term costs to this thing and what happens if company goes out of business.

Comment

outbackrob - Thanks for being the first one end. Look forward to hearing about the results. Not sure pictures are required...

Barry

Comment

I saw a price of $24,95 annually, but am unsure if this is staying this way or will raise to $50 a year over time https://shop.shinebathroom.com/pages...om-assistants#

I am interested too here, but think the shipping costs to Holland are waaaayyyyy over the limits ($60.....)
                    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                      I saw a price of $24,95 annually, but am unsure if this is staying this way or will raise to $50 a year over time https://shop.shinebathroom.com/pages...om-assistants#

I am interested too here, but think the shipping costs to Holland are waaaayyyyy over the limits ($60.....)
                      Yeah, hopefully if it becomes long term viable they'll get an European distributor.

Comment

Hmmm... reviews are sketchy at best...

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/shinebathroom.com

Hopefully folks here can give a more accurate/realistic review

Comment

Maybe this says more about me and my diet, but I'm doubtful of anything that doesn't physically scrub.

Short of hydrochloric acid, our house needs something with bristles or physical abrasion of some sort.

But if it does work on suburban dad toilets, I might be interested 😉

Comment

24 HOURS IN...... It takes about 15 minutes each to set them up. They connected easily to my network. The time involved is spent calibrating the machine to the length of a flush beginning to end three times. Once done, it listens for water flowing (sensor fits on the inlet pipe) then sprays into the bowl. You can fine tune it by lengthening or shortening the spray time. Default is 1 second and you can do as much as 2.5 seconds. Set up of the cleaning solution is easy. You place the pod into the shine and it pierces the foil cover and releases the solution. You can use 1-3 pods depending on use and other factors.... It is sorta idiot proof, but I could think of better ways to do this. You then add water to the fill line. The system runs an electrolysis function to prepare the cleaner. That takes about 12-15 minutes and then its ready to clean. This would probably be a good time to charge the battery. Mine came charged anywhere from 38% to 89%.

Things I like so far: 1) It's fairly easy to set up and the app works. 2) Its a little on the big side, but it is not too ugly. 3) After setup it seems to be Set-&-Forget.

Things I don't like so far: 1) I don't like that you have to put the spray head in the toilet bowl, but it does remove so the bowl can be cleaned. (LOTS of male kids here regularly.....) 2) The cap on top of the cleaning solution tank is NOT SECURE. If you bump/knock the device, water spills out and gets down into the battery housing. (They sell a $30 wall mount that might help.....) 3) There is no API, but supposedly one is coming.....

I had one issue where I needed support. I bought a years worth of pods and I could not activate the subscription on the app. I contacted support and they bent over backwards to make sure I was able to order the pods. Got SEVERAL follow ups to make sure I was happy.

Pictures below. Don't worry Barry! Nothing scary and no "use" photos! This is our haunted crapper that no one uses.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Shine 2.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	1507056Click image for larger version

Name:	Shine 1.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	1507057Click image for larger version

Name:	Shine 3.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	1507058Click image for larger version

Name:	Shine 4.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	201.2 KB
ID:	1507059

Comment

Now I guess we wait a few weeks to get the how well it maintains clean report....

According to their site/reviews, there are claims it can remove water line rust/mineral stains in the bowl. That alone would be worth it for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X