Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shine Bathroom - automate cleaning the toilet!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My guess is the tablets are salt (NaCL), a little electric current through it and it strips the CL (chlorine) off and squirts a little bleach into the toilet. That's basically all those little blue tabs are you throw in the tank.
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Personally here use bleach once a week (always) to clean the toilet bowel and surrounding area tile.

It works fine for me and I prefer it over automating.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Nobody has touched on my first thought: "Who has an Alexa in their bathroom(s) and why?"
        HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
        Home Assistant 2024.3
        Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
        Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
        Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
        WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
        AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Originally posted by ewkearns View Post
          Nobody has touched on my first thought: "Who has an Alexa in their bathroom(s) and why?"
          My SO does. She listens to news and such on it.
          -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Wade View Post

My SO does. She listens to news and such on it.
            I wonder if she knows the Alexa team is "listening back?"
            HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
            Home Assistant 2024.3
            Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
            Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
            Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
            WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
            AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Easy enough way around that. Use one of the Node-Red Alexa integrations with Homeseer. Mute the mic locally on the Echo. In order to get your news briefing (or any Alexa routine) to run simply create an HS event that is triggered by your dimmer/scene controller in the bathroom. Two taps up on the scene controller can trigger a news briefing on the Echo.

Comment

If it's not Alexa listening, your phone is. I doubt very much that most people disable the listening ability of their cell phones.
                HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Bathrooms still utilize touch screen tables running Linux / Squeezeplayer (locally or remotely). Phones are off when at home.

Here at 10 Alexa devices and mostly manage the TTS using Alexa Media Manager and make video calls to my kids / grandchildren.

- Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Yes, she is aware. It's not the only Alexa in our house, and the bathroom isn't used for private discussions any more than any other room. As for other sounds they may hear, well, so be it...

Originally posted by TC1 View Post

Easy enough way around that. Use one of the Node-Red Alexa integrations with Homeseer. Mute the mic locally on the Echo. In order to get your news briefing (or any Alexa routine) to run simply create an HS event that is triggered by your dimmer/scene controller in the bathroom. Two taps up on the scene controller can trigger a news briefing on the Echo.
                    Should also be able to do this with jon00's voicemonkey plugin, too.
                    -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                      Here at 10 Alexa devices and mostly manage the TTS using Alexa Media Manager
                      What is "Alexa Media Manager" ?

Comment

Alexa Media Manager
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                          Thanks for the clarification.
                          I'm just starting to experiment with Node-Red control of Alexa and I'm not sure if this HA integration brings anything new to the table. Like most most of these public/non-official Alexa hacks, they seem to constantly break as Amazon changes things in the background since there is no official API from Amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by happnatious1 View Post
                            My guess is the tablets are salt (NaCL), a little electric current through it and it strips the CL (chlorine) off and squirts a little bleach into the toilet. That's basically all those little blue tabs are you throw in the tank.
                            It's a saline and vinegar solution. It gets mixed with water in the Smile's tank.

Comment

Why didn't I think of this. A squirt gun on steroids with consumables. This is how you make money
                              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                                Why didn't I think of this. A squirt gun on steroids with consumables. This is how you make money
                                Basically, that is exactly what it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X