too many notifications when water leaked detected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

too many notifications when water leaked detected

Hi there, I'm a new to homeseer and like it for all powerful options available, but have a specific issue that I would like to ask for help.
    I have a few water leak sensors that are used to send notifications when water is detected to my phone hsbuddy app.
    The problem is that if water is detected (ex: when the contacts were touched by wet mop) there are a lot of notifications sent till the contacts dry.
    I would like to get a notification per time (example 1 notification per minute, so in this case if the water still persist it will continue to send one per each minute).

I have achieved this but it's a bit to complicated:
    1) the event that catch the water leak and sends notification to all dimmers in the house to display red blinking signal (main scope to display the LEDs signal on all dimmers);
    2) have a virtual device when water leak is detected ON/OFF;
    3) another event that is turning ON the above virtual device with condition that it's OFF and after waits 1 minute it turns it OFF (in other words this event is checking if the virtual device is OFF, it turns ON when the water leak sensor detects water and waits 1 minute and turns it OFF) ;
    4) finally another event that catch the change in the virtual device to ON and sends the push notification to my phone;
    Tested and it looks like working but I'm not quite satisfied as it requires too many steps and x9 water leak detectors is quite possible to make errors as I need to recreate all the steps manually

Is there a more elegant solution that I could use to send one notification per period of time even in that period the event may be triggered multiple times?

BTW, is there a good tutorial that explains all the options meaning for triggers and actions (example for device value is >> The device changes and become vs The device has been/ for at leas). Also how to simple set the trigger if the device status is OFF (not changed or set at the moment but just has its status as OFF)?

Thanks

First off post here the screen shot of your event.

1)
    The device changes and become
    Is the best trigger to use in this case. It's either ON or OFF. Then there is option to stop the event to re-trigger for a set time at the bottom where you are creating the event.
    2)
    (ex: when the contacts were touched by wet mop)
    Put the sensors where this shouldn't happen.
    3) If you need more help go here : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...3-event-clinic

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
      First off post here the screen shot of your event.

1) Is the best trigger to use in this case. It's either ON or OFF. Then there is option to stop the event to re-trigger for a set time at the bottom where you are creating the event.
      2) Put the sensors where this shouldn't happen.
      3) If you need more help go here : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...3-event-clinic

Eman.
      Appreciate for the tip and for the link

Ady

Comment

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but it appears that your requirements can be satisfied simply by specifying a "Cannot Re-Run For" option added to the event which sends your notification:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-06-22_8-22-31.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	1395869

Comment

Working...
        X