Wafer LED lighting control?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wafer LED lighting control?

Starting a bathroom remodel and contractor wants to use wafer LED units in place of traditional can lights. Anyone have experience with these and recommendations for Zwave switches that will work well with them?

Thanks,
    Barry

Did you ever come to a decision on those?

Comment

I have used these with the Leviton z-wave dimmer switches without issue. I also had an older Evolve dimmer z-wave work with them. You are controlling the line voltage (110 - USA).
      Karl S
      HS4Pro on Windows 10
      242 Devices
      56 Z-Wave Nodes
      37 Events
      HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
      Google Home: 3 Mini units 1 display

Comment

Originally posted by wkearney99 View Post
        Did you ever come to a decision on those?
        Yes, using them with WS200 dimmers. The only issue has been that my wife keeps the lights lowered to about 20% (they are bright!) and we will get an occasional flicker. It doesn't happen often, but will have to see long term.

Comment

That's an added challenge with LED fixtures, if you need different amounts of light you're not just swapping out a bulb.

Which is part of the reason (besides costs) that we went with traditional fixtures during construction. Four PAR30 5" recessed cans with 75 watt incandescent bulbs turned out to be the correct choice for most rooms. With their default on being at an 80% rate. I've only now, 7 years later, started replacing the bulbs with 9 watt BR30 LEDs. The cost is considerably less now than during the 2012 construction, so yeah for that!

Though I do regret that I didn't run 16/4 from the wall switches to the cans. There's one or two places where it'd have been nice to switch the socket to constant-power for a smart bulb vs all-on. I debated doing it but the electrician was less than cooperative about the whole 'smart home' setup and budgets were already an issue.

Anyway, sorry to hijack the thread. Glad to hear you'd found the right setup!

Comment

Working...
          X