Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

System Crashes - Please Help! - HomeSeer was not shut down successfully

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me with this. I have had an increase in frequency where my homeseer server seems to lock up and I cannot access it over my network and it stops responding to commands. I typically notice then when lights dont adjust based on input from my weather station light sensor or voice commands return a "Sorry, this isnt responding right now."

Every time I have to restart the system (HS3 Standard (SEL) Edition - 3.0.0.548)). I am also unable (or otherwise) unsure how to look at the logs to see what has caused the system to crash because in order to access the server again, I have to restart it and the view in the log has started from scratch. Next step I suppose would be to hook it up to a monitor and see if it is displaying anything when it crashes. I do have the system monitor/watchdog enabled EDIT: I have "HSSentry" Enabled, but this hasnt seemed to change anything. I have noticed as well when this happens that upon restart in the logs I get a "HomeSeer was not shut down successfully the previous time it was started." and am wondering is this a result of the crash or just because I forced a shutdown?

I really like the options that Homeseer offers, but it feels like it it is becoming a little more high maitenance than I would like. I dont mind digging in and updating and tweaking things, but this has happened a few times this past month.

Thanks for anyone's help in advance. if there is any other information I can offer, please ask!

-Adam

What OS are you running?
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
    Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
    weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

The log page has a filter section at the top. By default the start date is set to the application startup time. You can set this to an earlier time, then click Apply.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
        The log page has a filter section at the top. By default the start date is set to the application startup time. You can set this to an earlier time, then click Apply.
        I did not know this... Unfortunately at first glance I dont think it reveals much... leads me to believe it is the machine itself? There is a gap between 03:22:42 and 16:31:22 (startup time)
        Jun-27 16:31:22 Startup Loading Settings
        Jun-27 03:22:42 HSBuddy Updating client location for Adam's IPhone XR

Comment

Originally posted by wpiman View Post
          What OS are you running?
          Fairly certain it is Linux. It is on a box that I purchased from HomeSeer

Comment

Have you contacted HS Support?
            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
              Have you contacted HS Support?
              I have now.

Comment

Originally posted by gotcl2 View Post

Fairly certain it is Linux. It is on a box that I purchased from HomeSeer
                How old is your unit? You should put in a support ticket at support@homeseer.com
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post

How old is your unit? You should put in a support ticket at support@homeseer.com
                  Few months old. Just put in a support ticket.

Comment

My SEL has begun to freeze which requires me to power cycle it. HomeSeer support has not been helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by daveagius View Post
                      My SEL has begun to freeze which requires me to power cycle it. HomeSeer support has not been helpful.
                      What do you mean exactly? Have they not responded?
                      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The unit freezes and needs to be power cycled to resolve the issue. Homeseer tech support has informed me they believe my unit is running out of memory

Comment

Working...
                        X