No announcement yet.

FGBS-222 Smart implant for doorbell settings for momentary switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your doorbell is 12vdc the installation is simpler. You'll need a DPDT relay with a 12vdc coil. The relay you have has a 6vdc coil and is SPDT. Just insert the relay coil into the circuit in place of the bell, supply voltage to the bell through one set of Normally Open relay contacts and connect the other set of Normally Open contacts to IN1 and COM on the Implant.

When you push the button the relay activates and one set of contacts rings the bell while the other set activates IN1 on the implant.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex_W View Post
      If your doorbell is 12vdc the installation is simpler. You'll need a DPDT relay with a 12vdc coil. The relay you have has a 6vdc coil and is SPDT. Just insert the relay coil into the circuit in place of the bell, supply voltage to the bell through one set of Normally Open relay contacts and connect the other set of Normally Open contacts to IN1 and COM on the Implant.

When you push the button the relay activates and one set of contacts rings the bell while the other set activates IN1 on the implant.
      Thanks. 12v DPDT relay ordered

Comment

​I have my doorbell connected to the smart implant as mentioned in the previous posts here. Thinking I had it working after a while it seems that it is not working as intended. The big problem is that the Implant only updates ones after the doorbell has been pushed. See image (central scene).
        How can I also have the next one pushing the bell switch noticed and updated by the implant?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Schermafbeelding 2021-11-08 om 14.16.19.png Views:	0 Size:	203.2 KB ID:	1506977

and created an event. Or should I use Key held down?
        Attached Files

Comment

After updating Hs3 to the latest version and having the updated z-wave core plugin installed I now have all 17 devices. After fiddling around with the device settings (parameter 20=2 and parameter 40=1 it seems to work now. First had parameter 40=8 but that resulted in getting an update every minute or so, triggering the event continuously.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Schermafbeelding 2021-11-09 om 11.58.30.png
Views:	324
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	1507143

Name:	Schermafbeelding 2021-11-09 om 13.00.54.png
Views:	292
Size:	270.7 KB
ID:	1507144

Comment

This is driving me ... After thinking it worked. It is not. Is anyone using this device for the same purpose and has it working? Maybe willing to share the right settings? I first thought the device needed a reset after the bell-button was pressed (switch 5 stayed on). That did not help much. After the initial time the bell was pressed, nothing is triggered again. So some of the setting stays in its pressed state and never gets renewed - refreshed/ or returns to its initial state. So how to get this going the right way?

Name:	Schermafbeelding 2021-11-24 om 11.52.01.png
Views:	240
Size:	198.2 KB
ID:	1509777

Comment

Any thoughts / advise on this?

Comment

Still did not solve this. After one time pushing the doorbell button it stays at the one received update and no new update is registered. So what parameter to use to get update every-time the button has been pushed? I tried to have a reset or so on the button (switch) part of the devices listed but that did not help me.
                This is the manual https://manuals.fibaro.com/content/m...-EN-T-v1.0.pdf
                Would be nice if someone can help me out with this...

Comment

I have tried and tried to make the FGBS-222 Include and work properly in HS4 with little success. I just spoke with Tyler in Support at HomeSeer about this Smart Implant device. He looked in the call log and said they had only a few requests for help on it. I mentioned that there a many comments and requests for help on this forum and he said if they don’t get Support calls for an item they don’t log the requests and don’t add the feature to the Z-Wave driver.

May I suggest that all of you call HS Support at 603-471-2816 and ask for this device to be supported in the code base. Only then will it ever work right.​

Comment

Working...
                  X