Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Info before purchasing.

Hello Everyone

I have been testing homeseer for a couple weeks now. Everything I have seen is nice, but just need a couple questions answered.

1. What files are important to backup in case of a hard drive failure so I wont loose devices or events?

2. Where is the key stored? Is it in a file that I can backup or is it saved in the registry that I should backup also?

3. Upgrades. When version 2.0 comes out, do I have to pay again if I buy it now in order to upgrade or would that upgrade be included?

I think those are the most important right now. I am planning on completely automating my home so I need a realiable system and be able to restore it quickly in case of a hardware failure of some type.

Thanks

Chris

Originally posted by chrkov
    Hello Everyone

I have been testing homeseer for a couple weeks now. Everything I have seen is nice, but just need a couple questions answered.

1. What files are important to backup in case of a hard drive failure so I wont loose devices or events?
    Personally I backup my entire HS directory. This way something happens then its a simple drag over.

2. Where is the key stored? Is it in a file that I can backup or is it saved in the registry that I should backup also?
    The key is listed when you select help about. I would back this number up
    separately because you will need it if you ever move to another PC.

3. Upgrades. When version 2.0 comes out, do I have to pay again if I buy it now in order to upgrade or would that upgrade be included?
    Upgrades have been free for years because we have been on version 1 of HS. But just recently HST announced that there would be a change for upgrading to HS 2.0.

I think those are the most important right now. I am planning on completely automating my home so I need a realiable system and be able to restore it quickly in case of a hardware failure of some type.

Thanks

Chris
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

i'm in the same boat - any pre-purchase of 2.0 available? When is the ETA for release? What will it cost?

Comment

Guys,
        There's an entire forum on HS 2.0. Here's an FAQ that should answer your questions.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=99421

As far as when it is to be released. Rick stated a week or so ago that it would be Christmas or a bit later. A quick email to Rick or Rich may get you a better answer as far as upgrade pricing goes.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
        X