No announcement yet.

Alexa and Unifi USG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can only add that Echo is working fine for me. Windows 10 server, all Ubiquiti network and HS3.

When I moved to HS4 last weekend Echo integration quit working. The other JSON integrations also stopped working as well. That seems to be a MyHS issue, but I haven’t had a chance to email support. I think other users have.
    Randy Prade
    Aurora, CO
    Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      I can only add that Echo is working fine for me. Windows 10 server, all Ubiquiti network and HS3.

When I moved to HS4 last weekend Echo integration quit working. The other JSON integrations also stopped working as well. That seems to be a MyHS issue, but I haven’t had a chance to email support. I think other users have.
      I have a full Ubiquiti setup and echo continues to work fine for me even after moving to HS4.

I just posed on another thread that racerfern and i had a new JSON issue with our integration into Blue Iris that required us to add username and password to the JSON string. Something definitely changed in HS4, but that's the only consequence i've seen so far.

I haven't tried adding a new device for echo to recognize though.

One thing i posed awhile back that was causing me all sorts of Echo issues. I had an even called Bedtime (and Good Morning) that i had voice enabled to use with Alexa. would NEVER find it, and subsequently no other new devices as well. Delete those events, (or turn off voice command option) and everything new was discovered. I could reproduce this easily. I just assumed that amazon reserves those for other uses (and similar words/phrases) and nothing i could do would make it work.

​​​​​​​Might be something to look at if you have similar.

Comment

I didn’t dig into Echo deeply. I just noticed it quit working after moving my system and MyHS to HS4. PHLocation also no longer posts JSON to HS4. Unfortunately I had a situation with a plug-in that forced me to move back to HS3 temporarily. I hope to dive in again this weekend. My current work situation leaves me little time to okay during the week.
        Randy Prade
        Aurora, CO
        Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

Same issues and setup for me.
          support asked me the same. I ended up plugging the HS4 computer directly in the modem, still no luck.
          Support could could not further help me.

I am now using HA-bridge to have a working alexa which works fine.

Cor

Comment

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
            In HS3 it's under Tools > Control Panel. Change my example from 0 to 2048. Set back to zero when done. I'm assuming Control Panel still exists in HS4, if not you could add the same command as an immediate script in a manually executed event.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	72
Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	1401338
            I knew something had changed. It's now under tools > script commands. I ran JSON debug and tried to connect. Something is happening, but still not finding any devices. There's one interesting warning about myhs data that might be a lead. Let me know if you spot anything in there that looks interesting.

Code:
            7/11/2020 7:26:18 PM HomeSeer DEBUG JSON Query: request=getevents&voiceonly=True&token=XXXX& source=EchoSH
            7/11/2020 7:26:18 PM HomeSeer DEBUG JSON Query: request=getcontrol&token=XXXX&source=EchoSH
            7/11/2020 7:26:03 PM HomeSeer DEBUG JSON Query: request=getcontrol&token=XXXX&source=EchoSH
            7/11/2020 7:26:03 PM HomeSeer DEBUG JSON Query: request=getevents&voiceonly=True&token=XXXX& source=EchoSH
            7/11/2020 7:26:03 PM HomeSeer DEBUG JSON Query: request=getcontrol&token=XXXX&source=EchoSH
            7/11/2020 7:26:00 PM HomeSeer Info System connected to MyHS Service successfully with license ID XXXX.
            7/11/2020 7:26:00 PM HomeSeer Info System connected to MyHS Service, waiting for acknowledge...
            7/11/2020 7:25:48 PM HomeSeer DEBUG JSON Query: request=getcontrol&token=XXXX&source=EchoSH
            7/11/2020 7:25:48 PM HomeSeer DEBUG JSON Query: request=getcontrol&token=XXXX&source=EchoSH
            7/11/2020 7:25:48 PM HomeSeer Warning Error serializing myhs data: Unable to write data to the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
            7/11/2020 7:25:48 PM HomeSeer DEBUG JSON Query: request=getevents&voiceonly=True&token=XXXX& source=EchoSH
            7/11/2020 7:25:33 PM HomeSeer DEBUG JSON Query: request=getcontrol&token=XXXX&source=EchoSH
            7/11/2020 7:25:33 PM HomeSeer DEBUG JSON Query: request=getcontrol&token=XXXX&source=EchoSH
            7/11/2020 7:25:33 PM HomeSeer DEBUG JSON Query: request=getevents&voiceonly=True&token=XXXX& source=EchoSH
            7/11/2020 7:25:08 PM HomeSeer DEBUG JSON Query: request=getevents&voiceonly=True&token=XXXX& source=EchoSH
            7/11/2020 7:25:08 PM HomeSeer DEBUG JSON Query: request=getcontrol&token=XXXX&source=EchoSH
            7/11/2020 7:25:05 PM HomeSeer DEBUG JSON Query: request=getcontrol&token=XXXX&source=EchoSH
            7/11/2020 7:24:53 PM HomeSeer DEBUG JSON Query: request=getevents&voiceonly=True&token=XXXX& source=EchoSH
            7/11/2020 7:24:53 PM HomeSeer DEBUG JSON Query: request=getcontrol&token=XXXX&source=EchoSH

Comment

Originally posted by Corvl1 View Post
              Same issues and setup for me.
              support asked me the same. I ended up plugging the HS4 computer directly in the modem, still no luck.
              Support could could not further help me.

I am now using HA-bridge to have a working alexa which works fine.

Cor
              Do you run HA-bridge on the same device as your homeseer instance? We are predominantly an iOS household so I was planning on setting up Homebridge anyway. It sounds like I might just want to try HA-bridge as well. It's sad that you pay for software that doesn't work and end up needing to use workarounds to get what you paid for.

Comment

Yes, homeseer and Ha bridge are on the same windows 10 computer.

You're right it should work, i didn't have issues using alexa with my vera setup last year, but with HS I had to give up after more as a month of troubleshooting together with support.

Cor

Comment

Do you have a tutorial you can point to for HA-bridge and HomeSeer? That would be fantastic. I spent some time last night getting home bridge installed and the home bridge-HomeSeer4 plugin. I assume everything is working correctly, I just need to work on my config file. There used to be a program that generated those automatically. It doesn’t seem to be maintained anymore though. Is manually creating the config file really the most up to date process for setting up homebridge? That seems less than optimal.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post

I knew something had changed. It's now under tools > script commands. I ran JSON debug and tried to connect. Something is happening, but still not finding any devices. There's one interesting warning about myhs data that might be a lead. Let me know if you spot anything in there that looks interesting.

Code:
                    7/11/2020 7:26:18 PM HomeSeer DEBUG JSON Query: request=getevents&voiceonly=True&token=XXXX& source=EchoSH
                    7/11/2020 7:26:18 PM HomeSeer DEBUG JSON Query: request=getcontrol&token=XXXX&source=EchoSH
                    7/11/2020 7:26:03 PM HomeSeer DEBUG JSON Query: request=getevents&voiceonly=True&token=XXXX& source=EchoSH
                    7/11/2020 7:26:00 PM HomeSeer Info System connected to MyHS Service successfully with license ID XXXX.
                    7/11/2020 7:26:00 PM HomeSeer Info System connected to MyHS Service, waiting for acknowledge...
                    7/11/2020 7:25:48 PM HomeSeer Warning Error serializing myhs data: Unable to write data to the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
                    7/11/2020 7:25:48 PM HomeSeer DEBUG JSON Query: request=getevents&voiceonly=True&token=XXXX& source=EchoSH
                    7/11/2020 7:25:33 PM HomeSeer DEBUG JSON Query: request=getevents&voiceonly=True&token=XXXX& source=EchoSH
                    7/11/2020 7:25:08 PM HomeSeer DEBUG JSON Query: request=getevents&voiceonly=True&token=XXXX& source=EchoSH
                    7/11/2020 7:25:08 PM HomeSeer DEBUG JSON Query: request=getcontrol&token=XXXX&source=EchoSH
                    7/11/2020 7:25:05 PM HomeSeer DEBUG JSON Query: request=getcontrol&token=XXXX&source=EchoSH
                    7/11/2020 7:24:53 PM HomeSeer DEBUG JSON Query: request=getevents&voiceonly=True&token=XXXX& source=EchoSH
                    7/11/2020 7:24:53 PM HomeSeer DEBUG JSON Query: request=getcontrol&token=XXXX&source=EchoSH
                    Assuming you can consistently generate that error, I'd say it's significant. Check this link https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...89#post1285789

The biggest challenge will be escalating the issue to Rich or Jon at HST.

Comment

I forwarded that to the support rep I was working with. I too am surprised that they didn’t request these steps from the start.

Comment

Working...
                      X