Z-wave stick went offline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-wave stick went offline?

I have a Zooz Z-wave stick and for some reason it just went offline. Everything wasn't working and I couldn't figure out what the issue was and then I discovered that the zwave stick wasn't connecting. I rebooted my server and it still didn't come online. Then I took it out of the usb port and put it back in. Then I tried it again and it worked. Any ideas why this would happen?

I have a Zstick+, and the problem that I have may or may not be the same as yours. My issue is that it doesn't work if the PC reboots for any reason (usually Windows 10 updates). While unplugging the Zstick and plugging it back in will get it to work, I can also get it working again by going to Plugin - Zwave - Controller Management - Actions - Restart THIS Interface. At least that way it can be restored remotely. I really, really, wish there was a way to do this via a script or an event, then I could just do it as part of the startup script/events.

Comment

Hmm! I didn't really think about the restart issue. I will look into this. I do have HS setup to start automatically so I don't really think about that part but maybe if the computer restarted it didn't start the zwave connection. Thanks!

Comment

I think that the issue is that the Zstick remains powered via the USB while the PC restarts. When the Zwave plugin restarts, the Zstick is in an unexpected state, since it didn't restart with the PC/plugin.
        This is a somewhat serious problem for us, but it could be solved if HS would automatically do a restart when it starts up, or would restart on problems detected, or would give us a script or event action to restart the stick.

Comment

Working...
        X