(Trane) Thermostat device errors when 2nd stage AC kicks in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Trane) Thermostat device errors when 2nd stage AC kicks in

When I turn my AC down for a quick cool - 2nd stage kicks in - the thermostat indicates it correctly but the device for "Operating State" has an error.
    Here is what the device looks like during. All comments appreciated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.PNG
Views:	201
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	1401450Click image for larger version

Name:	2.PNG
Views:	159
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	1401451Click image for larger version

Name:	3.PNG
Views:	132
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	1401452Click image for larger version

Name:	Log.PNG
Views:	135
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	1401454

Attached Files

Further information - I've been tracking the device via "Device History"
    Here is what happened when the temp level was set to 72 - allowing the AC to shut down. IDK - this isn't helping probably.
    Any suggestion how to look, where to look? Maybe next time I know I'm going to 2nd stage cool, I have debug on? Z-Wave debug?

Name:	DH1.PNG
Views:	149
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	1401511

Comment

And here is the same device info, in a "normal, non-error" state while the system is cooling in "1st stage" mode.
      How can this be - perhaps I've gone senile.

Name:	Normal.PNG
Views:	146
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	1401515

Comment

take a screen shot of the advanced tab of the device when the thermostat is in 2nd stage cooling, curious to see what the value and status show.

Comment

Thank you Steve! That is part of my mystery. The advanced tab equals 2 - (first graphic) which is normal cooling, even through the main device page shows an error.
          Device view looks like this: Click image for larger version

Name:	deviceview.PNG
Views:	128
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	1402009

Comment

Funny, I have a XL624 and I get that when it calls for heat. Cooling works fine. In any case, I think it's related to firmware which I can't get.
            That being the case, I can still trigger events and aside for the astetics, I'm ok with it. Otherwise, the stat presents no other issues. I've had it about 4 years behaving like this.
            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I get the same as the OP, but it's not a problem since all the events work correctly. XL624 firmware: 2.8

Comment

I'm thinking the homeseer zwave plugin doesn't recognize the 2nd stage cooling status, 2 stage zwave thermostats are relatively new, are you on the latest zwave plugin?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveZ View Post
                  I'm thinking the homeseer zwave plugin doesn't recognize the 2nd stage cooling status, 2 stage zwave thermostats are relatively new, are you on the latest zwave plugin?
                  I am on the latest beta, 3.0.2.4

Comment

Just to be clear, did you go into installer mode and specify 2-stage cooling?
                    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                      Just to be clear, did you go into installer mode and specify 2-stage cooling?
                      I suspect that this question is for the OP, but for myself the answer is "yes."

Everything is operating correctly, except for the error that the OP shows, when 2nd stage cooling kicks in. I'm not sure if this is every time, or just sometimes. I actually have an Arduino based monitor that monitors all the 24VAC control lines (though it can't see the different PWM levels on the fan line), and the inlet and outlet temperatures, pressures, and humidity. I can verify that the thermostat is operating the way I want it to after setting up all the parameters for staging and humidity control.

Comment

Thanks for all the comments / info - here is what I'm running -

Current Date/Time: 7/13/2020 6:06:49 PM
                        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548
                        Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional - Work Station
                        System Uptime: 29 Days 21 Hours 21 Minutes 20 Seconds
                        IP Address: 192.168.2.61
                        Number of Devices: 747
                        Number of Events: 218
                        Available Threads: 400
                        HSTouch Enabled: True
                        Event Threads: 2
                        Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
                        Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
                        Device Exec Queue: 0
                        HSTouch Event Queue: 0
                        Email Send Queue: 0
                        Anti Virus Installed: Microsoft Security Essentials
                        In Virtual Machine: No MFG: asustek computer inc.
                        Enabled Plug-Ins
                        2.1.0.34: AmbientWeather
                        2.0.59.0: BLBackup
                        1.0.66.0: BLLED
                        1.0.5.0: BLShutdown
                        2.0.76.0: BLSpeech
                        2.0.24.0: BLUPS
                        1.4.0.4: Device History
                        0.0.0.31: drhsIpPlugIn
                        3.0.0.33: iTunesDAAP
                        3.0.0.14: NetCAM
                        0.0.0.48: Pushover 3P
                        3.0.0.6: SonyTV
                        3.0.6681.34300: UltraCID3
                        3.0.6644.26753: UltraLog3
                        3.0.6922.16073: UltraM1G3
                        3.0.6413.20219: UltraNetCam3
                        3.0.6358.20184: UltraRussoundAudio3
                        3.0.2.0: Z-Wave

As for purposely setting the stat for second stage cooling, it was already set when I installed. This was purchased used (XL 624). I had cleared the Z-Wave info but should have done a full reset. Seeing Joegr has the same symptom is interesting.
                        I might do a full reset and look for a change somewhere. I wanted the ability to know when 2nd stage had kicked in so that's the main reason I'm diving into this.
                        Here is the Z-Wave page for it -

Name:	trane.PNG
Views:	306
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	1402316

Comment

Working...
                        X