X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frequently bought together?

I don’t know the algorithm used, but that doesn’t make sence
    Attached Files

I don't know the algorithm but my guess is that it is pure statistics. Condition/filter = person bought the Arduino plugin. From this selection get a list of all the other things they bought. Order that list by quantity and the one on the top is the one that gets listed as "Frequently bought together". The frequently bought together could have some further restrictions like it has to be in the same transaction, it has to be within the past 12 months, etc. Whatever the case, the items don't need to be related at all. If you would apply the same for people going to a grocery store, maybe you would end up with milk frequently bought together with banana. They don't exactly go together unless you make banana milk shake. Instead, people would expect to see milk and eggs, cereal, or something like that. Even Amazon with their huge AI effort sometimes makes some pretty silly recommendations.

Comment

There is also the fact that mcsmqtt is free

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
        There is also the fact that mcsmqtt is free
        That makes it more likely to be added to the cart. Why not just load up on the free plugins even if you might never use it...😉

Comment

——————-Need sleeping lol ——-edited

I was not complaining, I do not really care the outcome of this lol. My mind was just in a dissonant state
          Last edited by ; July 11, 2020, 01:23 AM. Reason: Non logical comment . Time to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
            Wait , can we ‘’buy’’ 30 days licences by the store?
            <snip>
            Are you referring to the 30 day trial? Yes, as far as I know all plugins come with a 30 day trial. Hence, you can try them out for 30 days and if you like it you will have to pay the fee to continue to use it.

Comment

Sorry for the confusion.
              So my question is , how did someone (I guess it is just a faulty algorithm) bought a free plugin at the same time of a paid plugin lol, if free plugin can’t be bought?

Comment

By clicking the link to add both to cart and removing the paid plugin...i have been able to purchase a free plugin and I even have a licence id lol

Comment

Working...
                X