Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hope for restoring Nest functionality and new opportunities for Google integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ksum
    replied
    To me the more important thing is the Local Home SDK is the important part. Hopefully HomeSeer takes advantage of this soon and it eliminates the "HomeSeer is not available" message when the HS server is not available.

Leave a comment:

• fresnoboy
    replied
    Originally posted by mulu View Post
    Got it. The post wasn't quite clear. Let's see how open Google will be with integration. Unfortunately, many companies like Apple, Amazon, etc tie you into their system. Hopefully, google will change it and not just have a philosophy of it has to be a google device to work with other google devices and everybody else is out...
    Sorry about that, yes, I was focusing on restoring functionality for Nest devices within Homeseer. Homeseer and Google assistant are not comparable as automation platforms, they are apples and oranges. I love HS and want it to work with Best devices again.

If you look at the Google developer notes here: https://eventsonair.withgoogle.com/e...rt-home-summit they talk about the details of what Brian was referring to. It may be possible for HS to control Nest devices though these new interfaces, and even provide sensor data to the nests so they can take advantage of cheaper HS compatible sensors in every room, and the local interfaces may even enable this to happen without the need for a cloud connection, so local Nest devices can talk to local HS directly.

On that website, in the first video, at 11:29 into the video, they explain how device access will allow management and control of Nest devices, which is the key thing missing right now.

thanks,
    mike

Leave a comment:

• mulu
    replied
    Got it. The post wasn't quite clear. Let's see how open Google will be with integration. Unfortunately, many companies like Apple, Amazon, etc tie you into their system. Hopefully, google will change it and not just have a philosophy of it has to be a google device to work with other google devices and everybody else is out...

Leave a comment:

• zwolfpack
    replied
    Originally posted by mulu View Post
    Maybe I am missing something
    Per topic title, OP is interested in Nest integration, which is currently lacking in HS.

Leave a comment:

• mulu
    replied
    Ok, I watched the video. Maybe I am missing something or maybe you are just trolling us. HomeSeer can do all of this and much more years ago. Maybe google makes the integration easier but at least at this point I don't see any advantage using their system. And I believe there is even some integration with HomeSeer if you require some functions from Google.

Leave a comment:

• mulu
    replied
    Huh, HS doesn't need an internet to function. That's one of the main reasons I chose HS (besides no monthly charges and HSTouch).

Leave a comment:

• Hope for restoring Nest functionality and new opportunities for Google integration

Folks, if you watch Brian's latest video discussing a Google developer video seminar here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTNJGH8pnUo, it appears that Google assistant integration will soon (this year) enable not just being able to read Nest device status, but control them as well. He even said this would enable assist connected temperature sensors to be used by the Nest thermostats as inputs to control the HVAC. And lots of info on local only control with Google devices being extended beyond lighting. Lots of interesting information.

Homeseer folks, did you attend that video seminar and are you working towards that kind of integration? Sounds like this could be an opportunity for really high quality integration with HS, and maybe even for an option for local integration that would not need Internet connectivity to function.

Mike
Working...
X