Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    I see you have the same publish and subscribe topics of DUDE. Once you publish a topic, mcsMQTT will filter this topic from being received to prevent circular logic. Try to trigger on a topic that you have not previously published. Normal scenarios use something like DUDE for status topic and DUDE/set or cmnd/DUDE or similar for control (publish) topic for the case where DUDE is some external widget.

I did confirm there are no issues with triggering a topic that does not contain a slash.

Leave a comment:

• brittonsm
    replied
    Unfortunately it didn't change the actions . . .

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    Try to use topics that have a hierarchy such as my/dude rather than dude. There are some places where this makes a difference. I will need to evaluate if event triggers is one of them.

Leave a comment:

• brittonsm
    started a topic MQTT Event not triggering

MQTT Event not triggering

I've created an event based on https://forums.homeseer.com//forum/s...97#post1355097

But the MQTT Received Topic won't trigger the event. I appears it's being received int he PI, but I can't get the event to self trigger. It works automagically if I click the button to run the event... Thoughts on where I went wrong?

Working...
X