event processing may be broken in 1.7.29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

event processing may be broken in 1.7.29

Hi, I woke up this morning to my wife very close to killing me. I have an event that runs 3 events under the run event tab in my main event. This has been working for a long time. The only change I made was to update Hs/Hsp yesterday.
    The three events are "low volume", "morning wakeup", and "restore volume"
    As it states the first lowers the volume so that only the bedroom has sound and the rest of the house is quiet.
    The 2nd event "morning wakeup" plays a wave file and then speaks one line of text.
    Then after the 2nd event is completed, the volume is restored.
    However Hs is not turning down the volume until after the second event plays the wave file (at full blast) then the text to speech is played at the correct lowered volume.
    What I also found is that now if I play the one event that turns on the light, plays the wave and speaks time to wake up. Well the wave file and the speech happen both at the same time.
    Still barely alive in eastern massachusetts.
    Stuart

I just was able to test this some more. If you have an event that has a wave file and spoken text, you will find that both happen simultaneously. No longer does it play the wave file first then speak the text.
    Stuart

Comment

So what's your fix? Are you going to add a delay to one of the events?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hi,
        I rolled back to the previous version and the problem goes away. I would have to make two events to replace the one, as the wave and the text to speech want to play at the same time. I notified Rich about this. I'm lucky to still be alive after this woke up my wife. You can be sure that this will tested thoroughly tonight before homeseer attempts to wake me up tomorrow morning.
        It will be nice when Hs 2.0 comes out as we will be able to make changes as what happens in an event as we choose the order.
        Stuart
        Last edited by Stuart; November 23, 2004, 04:03 PM.

Comment

So, A roll back fixed it eh? did you roll back HS or both HS and HSPhone? what version did you roll back to? I think I too may have to do this as I am also in trouble

Oops, theres another update now, I have just tried it and its the same.. am going to try a rollback... wonder if it will show up on HS updater?

Update.... rolled back to the only other one shown in updater, 1.6.50 i think, course that wont work with hsphone now I got a right mess to sort out
          Last edited by TrOjAn; November 25, 2004, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Trojan,
            The last version prior to the current beta is listed in the updater.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp
              Trojan,
              The last version prior to the current beta is listed in the updater.
              Rupp, mine only showed the .30 and an old 1.6.50

Comment

Hs 1.7.30 fixed it.
                Stuart

Comment

Cool. Thanks for the update Stuart.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart
                    Hs 1.7.30 fixed it.
                    Stuart
                    Didnt fix mine

Comment

Working...
                    X