Slow response to Motion Sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow response to Motion Sensors

I am having slow response to motion activated lights.
    Using Hawkeyes and MR26A. The log is showing it sees the motion ok but the lights take 15-30 sesconds to turn on. The odd thing is I also send an email and to my phone and it happens ASAP. I was using Doomotion but found it too buggy and unistalled it. I did not have this problem before Doomotion. Has anybody else experienced this?

Are you using a serial CM11a? I think that is usually where the bottleneck is. Try unpluggin it and plugging it back in. I am thinking of getting the USB version to see if that helps any.

Comment

That's a Yes to the CM11a. I will give it a shot when I get home.

Comment

I am also using the CM11A (and have been for almost two years) and I have no problems with any of my motion sensors. I have not had to unplug my CM11A at all. I have 36 of them in the house and about half of them turn on lights based on motion. They come on within a second.

I am using the DooMotion plugin, which is awesome by the way. I could not live without it. Jim DooLittle has done a fantastic job with it.

If you are not using it, I believe there is a trial code for it.
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Make sure you have turned off do not retransmit to the power line on the house codes that you have your motion sensors on.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp
            Make sure you have turned off do not retransmit to the power line on the house codes that you have your motion sensors on.
            Where/how do you do this?

Comment

Mark,
              I no longer use the MR26A so I can't tell you exactly where that option is but if I remember correctly there is a setup screen that has a ton of check marks on it and one of the check marks is the option to retransmit.

Comment

Originally posted by rex2802
                ... I was using Doomotion but found it too buggy and unistalled it. I did not have this problem before Doomotion. Has anybody else experienced this?
                rex2802,

If you don't mind me asking, did you find the software too buggy or too difficult to set up? I am unaware of any bugs but understand that the software may not be the easiest to set up. If you can find time to make suggestions, I would appreciate it.

As to your response time issue, DooMotion would only affect that if it were installed and if you had written your own code and that code ended up delaying the control of lighting. If DooMotion is uninstalled, it will not be possible for it to have any affect.
                Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                My Hardware & Software

Comment

Jim,
                  I had a problem with the intial install where all my icons were red x'S. I had contact with you and you gave me some help on fixing the problem. I then moved Homeseer to a new computer and reinstalled Doomotion. I still had the icon problem and some trouble setting it up. When I get home today I will write up the actual problems I am having and hopefully it is just something simple.

rex2802

Comment

Rex, You said you are sending an email and that happens ASAP. I do not know if you are using a script or how you are actually sending the email as you mentioned you were not using the DooMotion plugin. Is it possible that the device command is being done after the email is sent, causing the delay? Just a thought that came to mind.

Even if it is through the HS event properties, try turning off the send email feature just to see if that could be causing the delay.
                    Visit My Home Seer Site at:
                    www.JohnWPB.com
                    Created with LCARS

Comment

I too have started having problems with a delay from my motion detectors to my lights turning on. It even happens with some of my security door sensors (all RF). I see the command come from the WGL800 almost instantly in the log; however, the light takes anywhere from 5-10 seconds to come on. It seems to have started after I installed some upgrades to several of my plugins about a month ago. I do have the doomotion plugin installed; however, I've never really setup yet.

Comment

My issues with the CM11a have more to do with my serial port or power line noise. I'm sure in some or most cases, that won't be the problem. All I know is that there are times when command become very "unresponsive" (like hitting an ON for one or more devices on a PalmPad and then having a very delayed transmission of the ON command to the X10 devices.) If I go and unplug and then plug back in the CM11a, it clears up for a day or so. Durring those problem "periods" of time, HS also becomes very unresponsive (UI wise), and it also clears up as soon as I reset the CM11a. So yes, in my case where I see this it is the CM11a or the serial port. One of the two.

Comment

Rex2802,

Are you using DoMotion to turn the lights on? If you are this could cause the delay. Turn the light on by an event triggered by the motion sensor directly, put conditions in so it only triggers when you wish it to. Use DoMotion to turn them off.
                          sigpic
                          A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Retransmit on or off

I have read (Possibly misinterpreted) several threads about the retransmit section for motion. Should it be on or off?
                            Kirk

http://cleverhouseautomation.ca
                            http://southcoastwebsitedesign.ca

Comment

dragon,
                              It needs to be off unless you need HS to see the signal on the power line. Most of the time it needs to be off.

Comment

Working...
                              X