Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS4 problems

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    HS4 problems

    I have 3 problems after updating my Zee to HS4.
    1. MYHS won’t connect. Sometimes it shows “HomeSeer” not running, and other times it shows incorrect username/password. So I’m SOL with using Alexa, which my handicapped wife uses extensively. Keeps me running to turn things on or off!
    2. Location is incorrect. No matter what Location I select, it still only shows my local time plus 4 hours. I can choose Bolivia or Atlanta, Same results. I’ve update my time sensitive events by adding 4 hour to them. That was a pain in the gluteus maximus.
    3. System says it’s backed up successfully, but I can’t find the zip files. They’re not in the Downloads folder, or any other folder.
    I’ve submitted tickets to support but with HomeSeers’s limited support with this virus outbreak, who knows when it will be fixed. Totally wish I would have waited to update.

    #2
    1. Looks like you'll have to add the myHS user/pass in HS. For some reason the existing users aren't carried over in the upgrade.

    3. It'll be in the HomeSeer/ConfigBackup folder, or at least it should be.

    Comment


      #3
      See this post recommending setting your timezone.
      https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...-time-on-a-rp4
      -Rupp
      sigpic

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Demusman View Post
        1. Looks like you'll have to add the myHS user/pass in HS. For some reason the existing users aren't carried over in the upgrade.

        3. It'll be in the HomeSeer/ConfigBackup folder, or at least it should be.
        That was already done; still doesn't work.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          See this post recommending setting your timezone.
          https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...-time-on-a-rp4
          I looked at the post. Doesn't look like it applies to me. I have an Zee Troller. I have no idea what they're talking about.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Pandu View Post

            I looked at the post. Doesn't look like it applies to me. I have an Zee Troller. I have no idea what they're talking about.
            It does apply. The zee troller is a raspberry pi running Linux.
            You'll have to learn how to ssh into it.
            You should be able to go to "Linux tools" if it works on the zee.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Pandu View Post

              That was already done; still doesn't work.
              I got it working. I signed into my HS3 license, changed the primary system to HS4, and it now works.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Demusman View Post

                It does apply. The zee troller is a raspberry pi running Linux.
                You'll have to learn how to ssh into it.
                You should be able to go to "Linux tools" if it works on the zee.
                Okay, even at 83 year old, I can learn something. I signed in using pi/raspberry, and got a screen looking for a command to execute. What might that command be?

                Comment


                  #9
                  sudo raspi-config

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Okay, maybe I’m too dense to comprehend. I had already done that, and it says it’s running the command. What do I input next?

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Probably easier to just read this:

                      https://www.raspberrypi.org/document...aspi-config.md

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Thanks. I would have understood it if the screen came up as shown on that document. But it doesn't. I rebooted, and shut down my Zee to see if that had any affect. So guess I'll just wait until HS fixes it (?). Again, thanks for your help.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Pandu View Post

                          Okay, even at 83 year old, I can learn something. I signed in using pi/raspberry, and got a screen looking for a command to execute. What might that command be?
                          I do not know any person of your age able to do that and learning. Congrats

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by MattL0 View Post

                            I do not know any person of your age able to do that and learning. Congrats
                            Thanks. But now I’ve got another problem. I was playing around with the HomeSeer Mobile app, trying to get it to sign in. Research showed I’d have to have user name the same, etc. etc. To sum it up, Mobile App works, but now I’m denied access when I try to use functions within my desktop system. It allow me to access events, but nothing else. Backup/restore access is also denied. Any suggestions?

                            Never mind. Couldn’t stand waiting, so I just flashed another SD card, and I’m back in business.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X