Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wifi RGBW Recessed 4" LED Support

Hi there,

I've found the following product on Amazon: (Same product, different sellers each link)
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    https://www.amazon.com/Downlights-Su...07&s=hi&sr=1-7

Why these particular lights? I haven't really been able to find any other RGBW LED product for a 4" recessed light that is "Smart"
    So I ordered these and am giving them a shot. Google home works fine, but Looking for more information on setting these up with HS.

These are Bluetooth Mesh, with a plug in Wifi bridge that allows for connection to Google, Alexa, etc.

Has anyone used these before? Actual Manufacturer is Hao Deng. There isn't a lot of information about them, other than they might also manufacture products for MagicLight. (Tried adding via the magiclight app, didnt work)

I've found a few articles about MQTT, firmware flashing etc to get other wifi lights to work, all of which is currently over my head.
    Let me know if you have any tips or tricks.

Thanks!

Giving this a bump to see if anyone has some info. See original post above.

Thanks!

Comment

I do not think you will find any native Bluetooth plugin for this product. Best hope is WiFi to its bridge. Do you have any links to the MQTT implementation for these devices?

Comment

I was not able to find any info on this particular model. Regarding other Wifi lights, There was this thread, which links to this thread which ended up discussing IR rather than Wifi Communication. But the original thread discusses IP based controls to the Bridge, but in this case its Wifi to a bridge to Bluetooth to LED, so I'm not sure that would work.

Here is a thread that mentions MQTT but as this isnt a magichome controller (Brand is Hao Deng), I have no way of knowing if it will work as its a different brand.

Comment

I looked around and was not able to find anyone who has decoded the Bluetooth protocol being used for these. A kludge method is for TTS from Hs that plays into Amazon or Google smart speakers to control the lights via cloud. Control would be limited to the basics, depending upon the skill that was developed for the smart speaker.

i considered getting one of the lights for investigation, but Bluetooth mesh uses encryption so hacking becomes more difficult. Perhaps a Winter activity, but not a Summertime one.

Comment

For the amount of time it would take to trigger google from HS for all the actions I'd want to see, I might as well pony up for the Hue's. Thanks for taking a look!

Comment

Working...
            X