Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

remove a script.

Hi everyone...

Here is a quick question that I hope has an easy answer to. What if I add a script or plugin to test it out and dont like it? The script I know I can just delete. but how do I remove a plugin?

The plugin is removed in the same way as it was installed, but the remove button is used rather than the license button. View / Options / Interfaces, select plugin, Remove.

This will simply make it so homeseer will not look to run it. Typically a plugin has many files and no provisions made to do a graceful uninstall. It would be a good idea to unregister the ocx or exe before deleting it. The other files are deleted by looking at the install package and deleting any that were included in the install. Again caution not to delete common files that may be used by multiple applications.

It is usually safe to delete folders of the same name as the plugin. This folder structure under \Bin \HTML \Data is the convention promoted by HST and this is done to make the organization and deletion easy. Many plugins, however, do not follow this convention.

Comment

At the risk of sounding stupid, exactly how do I "unregister" the plugin files (ocx, dll, etc.)? For instance, I would like to identify and remove all traces of the Web-Cam plugin.

Mark
      Mark

Comment

Mark,
        Try regsvr32 /u ocxName.ocx within a DOS window

If it can not find the regsvr32 then you need to run it form the system directory. The easiest way to find it is to do a search for the regsvr32.exe and cd to that directory.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
        X