Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Data Logging and Graphing solution for HS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data Logging and Graphing solution for HS?

Greetings,

Long time home automation enthusiast, recently re-platformed all my HA devices to HS4 from an old Vera3. For the most part, nothing but upside here 😁

In order to do proper "hands-off" HA (ie, it just happens), one must know their environment. Gathering long term statistical data from your various sensors and devices lets you know what's normal patterns in your house for any given time of day or season. For example, what is the average ambient humidity level normally in my bathroom, so I know when to turn off the exhaust fan. You can trial and error this, or one can log data over a period of time to see the high and low ranges, average and mean, etc.

In the Vera ecosystem there was a handy plug-in called DataMine, that allowed one to pick any device's various parameters, log them to a separate DB as a time-value pair whenever they changed, and then pull up graphs to compare any set of logged values, over time. And the best part, no programming or scripting required by the end-user.

I've done some searching through the forums and glanced over the descriptions of the various plugins, but nothing has jumped out at me. More than likely due to my lack of knowledge of the total HS ecosystem.

Any recommendations or insights greatly appreciated.

have you come across Jon00's work?

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/3r...r-3-homeseer-4
    HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
    Number of Devices: 1005
    Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Another popular option is InfluxDB and Grafana. Search on either and will find many hits.

Comment

Originally posted by jmaddox View Post
        Bingo. I must have missed it because it's not in the marketplace. Seems like exactly what I'm looking for.
        Many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
          Another popular option is InfluxDB and Grafana. Search on either and will find many hits.
          If Jon00's doesn't do what I need then I'll check this out. Very much appreciate the suggestion.

Comment

Working...
          X