How Can I keep HS Silent after bedtime?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Can I keep HS Silent after bedtime?

I would like to start working on a script to let hs know I am going to bed, and do certain things accordingly. For instance, ask me what time I would like to wake up, set the lights to a certain mode, and turn off all audio from homeseer, especially hs phone and all speaking. My question is, how can I tell hs to keep quiet after a certain hour of the night? Can this be done without going into every script that speaks? Thanks.

The SpeakEasy plugin can do this easily. All you have to do is to change the output priority to a higher level than normal. SpeakEasy will then queue all the messages that would have come out and you can review them in the morning. You can also, optionally, tell the plugin to discard the speech and just log it to the speakeasy log file.

George

Comment

I simply plug the amplified speaker into an X10 appliance module and program HS to shut it off in the quiet hours. I can also easily shut it off at other times with a palm pad.

Comment

Or just run an event that sets the volume level...

I have the volume turned down low during the night hours: -

sub main()

hs.setvolume 1,1 ' for WAF reduces volume before playing or speaking at night. Adjust to your liking.
        hs.waitsecs 3 ' needed to keep volume change from happening too late, adjust as required.

end sub

and turned up again during the day: -

sub main()

hs.waitsecs 5 ' needed to keep volume change from happening too soon. Adjust to suit..
        hs.setvolume 20,20 'change volume back to daytime level so that we can hear voice announcements, etc...

end sub

Make two scripts with the above lines in them and run them at whatever hours you need to make the volume change at - It works for me...

Comment

you can also mute the speech.

hs.MuteSpeech = False (this one enables speech), or
          hs.MuteSpeech = True (to disable speech)

Comment

I use what Jeff listed. I have an event that runs at 9:30 pm every night that runs the scriptlet &hs.muteSpeech = true This does not mute wav files though.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Be Quiet! I'm trying to sleep!

I use the mute speech method mentioned above as part of my goodnight routine. I then just have to alter the scrpts to unmute the speech for important events. When the phone rings at night, I want HS to speak, as it keeps me from having to get up to see if I should take the call or not.

A very good examnple, you mentioned that you want HS to ask you, as part of your good night routine, what time to wake you up. Well I found it was pretty hard for HS to get my lazy butt out of bed when It was muted

just something to concider when you have HS set to complete silence till you run the morning routine.
              Visit My Home Seer Site at:
              www.JohnWPB.com
              Created with LCARS

Comment

I shut off the speaker power because some web pages have audio spam - and the HS computer displays web pages (on the TV).

Comment

Thank you. I tried all the suggestions, and they are all useful. When retiring for the night, I will use the mute feature.

Comment

This will mute all Windows audio:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...highlight=mute

~Bill

Comment

Bill,

This will work great with my pc speakers, but what if I have the whole house audio hooked into the soundcard's line out? Will it also mute that? I don't have that setup right now, but I will in the future, so I was curious. Thanks.

Comment

I have mine hooked to line out and I hear nothing.

I work graveyard so this is a part of my Silence House routine. No Windows sounds, no HS wav files, no HS speech.

Good luck, Bill

~Bill

Comment

Thanks Bill. I'm going to use it.

Comment

Bill,

What should the script that runs this exe look like exactly? I'm guessing not what you wrote?

Comment

Like this Beach:
                              Attached Files
                              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                              X