Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raspberry PI Smart Mirror - Homeseer Interface support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raspberry PI Smart Mirror - Homeseer Interface support?

All:

I've been impressed so far with the mm2 platform for creating a smart mirror. I'm enthusiastic on the PI's level of support for other apps (audio,gpio,network). Now I'm trying to figure out how to add a Homeseer interface to it.

Does anyone have experience with HSTouch running on the PI or is there some alternative interface most Homeseer PI users are working with? I've found a couple posts about HSTouch on Android - that's not what I'm after - hoping someone can point to posts that I haven't been able to find.

Thx

Originally posted by ksdehoff View Post
    All:

I've been impressed so far with the mm2 platform for creating a smart mirror. I'm enthusiastic on the PI's level of support for other apps (audio,gpio,network). Now I'm trying to figure out how to add a Homeseer interface to it.

Does anyone have experience with HSTouch running on the PI or is there some alternative interface most Homeseer PI users are working with? I've found a couple posts about HSTouch on Android - that's not what I'm after - hoping someone can point to posts that I haven't been able to find.

Thx
    Try these links in your research : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ror#post942748and https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...r-smart-mirror

Eman
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

thanks - I had already found that - was hoping something better was available

Comment

There is a third party MQTT Module so you could get communication between HomeSeer and the mirror that way. There are also Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant modules.

And this guy created a touch screen module for MagicMirror as well. He uses an IR touch in front of the mirror but I imagine you could use a captivate one behind if you wanted. Great little video from May 6, 2020 on what he did incorporating a camera and apparently getting facial recognition as well. He has a website with instructions and a full parts list as well.

Third party MagicMirror Modules.
        Karl S
        HS4Pro on Windows 10
        1070 Devices
        56 Z-Wave Nodes
        104 Events
        HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
        Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Working...
        X