Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• outbackrob
    replied
    Other than taking a picture and mailing it, HS doesn't do much with cameras. Additionally, the HS phone app does not let you zoom in on the picture. You are stuck with a window that is only about half the size of your phone screen. I haven't looked into it for about a year, but they said they had no plans in place to change that at the time.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Michael
    replied
    I have a couple of these. They are not cheap, but they have been very reliable and have excellent image quality. There is also a 4MP version and one with a larger zoom range. I use them with Blue Iris. Do not have experience with HS4 yet.

Leave a comment:

• ts1234
    started a topic Outside & Inside Camera Recommendation w/ HS4

Outside & Inside Camera Recommendation w/ HS4

The homeseer cameras are not POE. That's a deal killer for me.

In all the time I used HS I've never added cameras. I've always run those separately other than to power them on/off depending on house mode. Adding them is my next task now that I'm running HS4. I have 5 or 6 wireless Amcrest ones for inside the house (please comment if these work well or not w/ HS4) and need to buy 3 outside POE cameras. My preference is that they have the ability to pan, but not essential if dependability rules those models out.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Tom
Working...
X