Alarm.com Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alarm.com Plugin

Does anyone know if there is a mechanism to support Alarm.com?

Thanks,
    Lou

+1

I'm stuck with another year and a half on a contract with them. Moving on after that. Integrating until then would be great.

Comment

There isn't one, but I've rigged up Pushover alerts from HS with Tasker, Auto Notification, and Auto Input on Android to arm/disarm when HS occupancy changes. It's not truly elegant, but it's worked for me for two years. Run the Android stuff on an old phone that sits in the house.

Comment

Originally posted by HSAccord View Post
        There isn't one, but I've rigged up Pushover alerts from HS with Tasker, Auto Notification, and Auto Input on Android to arm/disarm when HS occupancy changes. It's not truly elegant, but it's worked for me for two years. Run the Android stuff on an old phone that sits in the house.
        I'm needing access to the door sensors. Would this workaround work for door sensors?

Comment

Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post

I'm needing access to the door sensors. Would this workaround work for door sensors?
          Well, technically they could be, using a slightly different approach.

Tasker can intercept notifications of any kind - if you configure your Alarm.com on an Android device to notify you whenever certain sensors activate you can have Tasker act on them. Tasker, in addition to the arm/disarm stuff I do, can make http calls to your Homeseer server to call events and such.

So, with some effort, sure. Would be an absolutely jerry-rig, though would probably be fun to tinker with. I just went ahead and installed separate Z-wave Homeseer door sensors where I wanted them.

Comment

Sounds like another project....

Comment

Working...
            X