X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eman
    replied
    TommyDK ,
    I just picked the controller because it was highly rated, I didn't look into what seems to be a stand-alone setup where the controller got it's own software? Do you have any readings about that combination?
    As you well know there is not enough HomeSeer Zwave Brands for EU, So like you said you have 2 story House you can have a RaZberry Server(Zwave.ME adding the the mqtt Module : https://github.com/Edubits/Zway-MQTT ) on one of the floors to support those devices that HomeSeer doesn't support well like the ones from Chaina. The good thing is in this case the MQTT is two way. Example, motion triggered in the Zwave.Me Server triggers events in HomeSeer and you can send PUB topics from HomeSeer to Zwave.ME Server.

Eman.

Leave a comment:

• TommyDK
    replied
    It seems strange that several of these are red but responding perfectly to commands? The ones which get B=1 is there anything which could/should be done there?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• TommyDK
    replied
    gelessor how did you spot the bad device? Z-seer?

I could try to rejoin all as unsecure as kriz83 suggests. Can it be done without having to physically access the B-button? I'll have to try that.

Eman I've actually never used zwave.me without Homeseer. I just picked the controller because it was highly rated, I didn't look into what seems to be a stand-alone setup where the controller got it's own software? Do you have any readings about that combination? I know a few guys who use mqtt at work for integration between accounting systems.

kriz83 thank you for the suggestion. I've made a graph and attached it.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• gelessor
    replied
    Don't know if this helps but I had a similar problem and found out I had a defective module that must have been putting junk on the line. Once I replaced the bad one, almost instant responses.

Leave a comment:

• mik3
    replied
    Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
    Never had issues here. Is it possible to create a graph of your network? Are all devices zwave plus?

In the beginning my network was a bit laggy, but after rejoining all devices insecurely (who cares anyway for lights), it has been running flawlesly

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met Tapatalk
    That’s a good point. I’ve found joining some devices via security can cause mesh issues.

Leave a comment:

• kriz83
    replied
    Never had issues here. Is it possible to create a graph of your network? Are all devices zwave plus?

In the beginning my network was a bit laggy, but after rejoining all devices insecurely (who cares anyway for lights), it has been running flawlesly

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Eman
    replied
    You said you have a 2 story building .............?? Did you know you can continue to use your Zwave.ME with HomeSeer using mqtt?

Eman.?

Leave a comment:

• TommyDK
    replied
    What's your z-wave setup?
    • It is a two story building.
    • 14 chrome audiocast (not really z-wave of course )
    • 15 Neo CoolCams
    • 45 Fibaro 2 dimmers (some inactive since they where turned on without a load on)
    • 2 Neo Coolcam Wall-plugs
    • 2 inactive flood/humidity sensors
    • Right now I tried switching back ot z-wave.me, but tried Aeon labz z-wave gen5 controller for a few months. Had an idea about seperating coolcams and dimmers on two networks in case the coolcams where the ones blocking

Request Frames 1851
    Response Frames 958
    App Frames Waiting 4

Some times it's 0 waiting some times it's 45.

Tip; The only time I ran into problems you described is when I didn’t have enough devices to reach each other.
    Might be I have a bottleneck between the floors. I could potentially have one controller on each floor if that would make sense.

Leave a comment:

• mik3
    replied
    Originally posted by TommyDK View Post
    Thank you TC1, bmsmithvb , enigmatheatre, mik3 and jon00.
    Could you tell me which z-wave controllers you are using? I started with z-wave.me and later tried aeon labs z wave gen5 (which doesn't seem to be able to import backups). And if you are using a windows server or linux-version. I've considered if I needed to switch to a linux-distro instead.

>What's your z-wave setup?

It is a to story building. All switches are fibaro dimmers so there are a clear path between the floors. I've tried zwave.me and aeon labs z wave gen5 as controllers. I have a few scenes and ~10 Chrome Audio-cast controllers integrated.

>Have you optimized your network recently?

Yes.

>Have you setup regular polling on any of your devices which may slow down Z-wave communications?

I've actually tried reducing it some time back, in an effort to test if that was the problem. But I think that might be the reason why my tablets on some of the devices doesn't get the status.
    - Ecolink contact sensors, GE plugs, and Leviton plugs. A total of 15 z-wave devices. The rest of my house is lutron.

- Smartstick+ which I bought from Homeseer.

- Optimise as I add new devices.

- Windows server 2019.

Tip; The only time I ran into problems you described is when I didn’t have enough devices to reach each other.

Leave a comment:

• TommyDK
    replied
    Thank you TC1, bmsmithvb , enigmatheatre, mik3 and jon00.
    Could you tell me which z-wave controllers you are using? I started with z-wave.me and later tried aeon labs z wave gen5 (which doesn't seem to be able to import backups). And if you are using a windows server or linux-version. I've considered if I needed to switch to a linux-distro instead.

>What's your z-wave setup?

It is a to story building. All switches are fibaro dimmers so there are a clear path between the floors. I've tried zwave.me and aeon labs z wave gen5 as controllers. I have a few scenes and ~10 Chrome Audio-cast controllers integrated.

>Have you optimized your network recently?

Yes.

>Have you setup regular polling on any of your devices which may slow down Z-wave communications?

I've actually tried reducing it some time back, in an effort to test if that was the problem. But I think that might be the reason why my tablets on some of the devices doesn't get the status.

Leave a comment:

• TC1
    replied
    As others have noted, triggering devices in HS is near instantaneous.

Other things to consider:

On an OEM piece of hardware (I came from the Vera platform) you are limited by what the manufacturer designed. As your complexity goes up, the platform will slow down.

With HS, you can choose what hardware to run it on... that freedom of choice is fantastic in terms of never outgrowing the platform for performance reasons. I took an old laptop (which has a built in battery and can be carried to "difficult nodes" for inclusion, so a perfect home automation platform), swapped in a SSD for a hard drive, and it screams. All events and responses are immediate. Plus with HS your core system still works if the Internet is down, I try to stay away from any integrations that rely on an Internet connection in order to execute.

Just some things to think about.

Leave a comment:

• bmsmithvb
    replied
    As others have noted, I would really consider going over your Z-Wave network setup. The chances are, if you do more do another home automation platform, you will just carry the same problems over there. Give your network an optimization if you have not done so already.

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    My Fibaro Dimmer control is also near instantaneous so I guess there is something wrong in your setup. As Jon00 said have you optimised your network and also are there any errors in the log when you control the device that might point you in the direction of the problem.

Leave a comment:

• mik3
    replied
    Homeseer is way faster then any cloud solution.

I suspect you have a mesh issue and it will just carry over to smartthings.

Best to start looking into your mesh.

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Fibaro Dimmer control is near instantaneous here?

What's your z-wave setup?

Have you optimized your network recently?

Have you setup regular polling on any of your devices which may slow down Z-wave communications?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X