Z-Wave Leak Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave Leak Sensor

I am unable to add a new sensor. I have tried secure and non-secure add modes.

Getting the error. "Error. the Add Node response object is null and a normal ending was not reported"

I also tried resetting the sensor but getting the same errors.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Did you try to add it as a not secure node? I just got a similar but not exactly the same error. After switching to adding it non-secure the error disappeared (but it still failed at the end which might be another issue).

Comment

gelessor Try exclude the sensor first. This sometimes happen when device has been previously included. It always good idea when you have similar problems to exclude first and reset the device as well.

Comment

Thanks for the tips. Unfortunately non have changed the results. I am still unable to add the device user either the secure or non-secure methods.

could this be a bug in HS4 or the plug-in?

All other z-wave devices, including door locks, were discovered without a problem.

Comment

What Leak sensor are you trying to include?

Do you have another z-wave interface you could use as secondary? I remember one time I was having issues with including new devices once I reached certain number of nodes. It was not near the limit but I was having hard time including additional devices. I don't remember if it was at the end failing z-stick or something else.

If you have another z-stick or something you could create second network and see if it will get included on new network. It would be good next step to troubleshoot. It never huts to have spare replacement for you existing z-wave interface just in case the one you have fails.

Comment

It’s the one From HomeSeer.

Use a z-stick b haven’t had problems with any other devices. I had hoped to by 4 or 5 of these.. but it looks Ike they’re not going to work fo m.

Comment

I use those with no issues.

Comment

I have multiple Dome leak sensors included in my HS4 environment using the Z-stick - all have added with no problems. I would try excluding it first and trying again. The only device that I've had fail (and eventually gave up on) was a Zooz light switch.

Comment

I have 8 HS Leak sensors. When Gen 7 hits I will buy more. They all work fine. I added w/ HS3, but updated to HS4 and all good still.

One thing I do know...is under HS3 when using the beta z-wave driver supporting S2 they were pretty much paper weights.

Comment

I just got the same error with 2 different devices (a Jasco switch and a Dome mouse trap). I previously added a bunch of sensors as I migrate my devices from SmartThings to HomeSeer.

Comment

I tried numerous things with no luck until I powered off the server running my HS4 instance and powered it back on again. That worked and I was able to successfully continue adding Z-Wave devices. I am running HS4 on Ubuntu with a HomeSeer ZWave stick. Playing with settings inside HS4 didn’t help. Neither did rebooting the virtual machine that HS4 is running in. Nor did removing and reinserting the ZWave stick. Fortunately a full power down and restart did the trick.

Comment

Just be sure you are not trying to use S2 security. They'll work for a bit and then go away...all kinds of flakey things. Even support will tell you that's beta and not to do it. The HS Leak sensors were really not happy with S2, though other devices are flakey too. I had to rebuild my whole install because I started over clean adding everything with S2. There is no course back other than deleting and adding back w/out S2. If by chance this is your issue...make sure you delete them from the system at the interface level and then factory reset each of them before trying to add back.

Comment

Working...
                        X