Status Not Changing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Status Not Changing

I have one device that will not change status on the HS GUI Webpage. It will not change even when using the HS Webpage to turn the lights on or off, the status remains off (the lights will turn on and off). I am using a Switchlinc 2-way switch. All my other switches work fine. The HS Log shows that it did receive the X10 command when locally using the switch - just no status change on the HS Webpage. I have tried different house/unit codes, moved this device to another location with no luck. Has anyone else experienced this?

I unchecked the Switchlinc 2-Way Switch box under the add/modify device and all is working on the webpage. I have other switches with the 2-way box selected and the webpage changes status. I will try changing the switch.
    Last edited by ; November 26, 2004, 11:52 AM.

Willt,
    You do not have an event tied to this light do you? Your not setting the status via the device actions, device comands form are you?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

No event, just a single device. I am turning the light with the on/off button on the webpage. When I change the device properties (uncheck Switchlinc 2-way) the icon will change on and off. I did notice that when I turn the local switch on/off that the HS Log shows X10 received, but the status will not change.

If I try to poll the device, I get an unknown status. My other switches appear to show status when polled. I think it could be a bad switch, but I would think HS should update the status to on when initiated on the webpage.

Comment

Will, for what's worth, for me, HomeSeer has always worked just as you describe:
        It can control the SwitchLincs (I have both SwitchLincs and ToggleLincs, they both do the same thing) from the HomeSeer Webpage, but the status always shows af OFF. If I poll, the status changes to UNKNOWN until I turn the device on or off. The log shows everything working normally, and everything does work normally, but the status for SwitchLincs has never worked in the web page.

I have classified it as one of the bugs that I can live with.

Comment

Hum ...
          This is how my Switchlinc device is defined and it works as expected. Maybe a comparison will turn up something.
          Attached Files

Comment

Rupp, I just double-checked, and my SwitchLincs are all setup just like yours, with the exception that one had "Voice Command" enabled. I also verified that the status of the GUI also only shows the SwitchLincs as OFF, except when they are shown as UNKNOWN.

I expect all software to have some bugs, and I consider this one very minor. So I have stuck with version 1.6.150, even though this may have been fixed in a later version.

So, Will, that begs the question: What version are you running? Also, when you do a poll, what response do you get? When I poll, HomeSeer often reports "(no response)", which may have something to do with the problem.

Comment

I am running HS 1.7.7. When polling my switches some report status, and some do not. I am attaching part of my log. Is this a HS thing or are some of the switches defective? C3 and C4 will not report status. I thought HS would support the Switchlinc devices when I decided to purchase them.

11/27/2004 8:29:50 PM~!~Info~!~Send X10 Status Request to B2
              11/27/2004 8:29:51 PM~!~X10 Received~!~ B Status Off
              11/27/2004 8:29:52 PM~!~X10 Received~!~B2 (Den Corner Lights) B Off
              11/27/2004 8:29:54 PM~!~Info~!~Send X10 Status Request to B5
              11/27/2004 8:29:56 PM~!~X10 Received~!~ B Status Off
              11/27/2004 8:29:57 PM~!~Info~!~Send X10 Status Request to B9
              11/27/2004 8:29:57 PM~!~X10 Received~!~B5 (Den Ceiling Fan) B Off
              11/27/2004 8:29:57 PM~!~X10 Received~!~ B Off
              11/27/2004 8:29:58 PM~!~Info~!~Send X10 Status Request to B10
              11/27/2004 8:30:01 PM~!~X10 Received~!~ B Status Off
              11/27/2004 8:30:02 PM~!~Info~!~Send X10 Status Request to C3
              11/27/2004 8:30:02 PM~!~X10 Received~!~ B Off
              11/27/2004 8:30:02 PM~!~Info~!~Send X10 Status Request to C4
              11/27/2004 8:30:10 PM~!~Info~!~Send X10 Status Request to C5
              11/27/2004 8:30:12 PM~!~X10 Received~!~ C Status On
              11/27/2004 8:30:13 PM~!~X10 Received~!~C5 (Kitchen Cabinet Lights) C Preset Dim2 31

Comment

Willt,
                Are you using a coupler/repeater? If not this is more than likely your problem. Do you ever have problems controlling these switches?

Comment

I am using a Leviton HCA02 Coupler/Repeater. I do not have any issues not being able to control the lights. Everything works, no problems sending commands and events. I am in the process of replacing all my switches with the Switchlinc series. I have 40% of the house completed, and started to notice the unknown status when polling.

Comment

Willt,
                    How are you polling you switches? I just noticed if I used the polling icon on the HS GUI that a couple return unknown. My guess would be when HS is polling the switch's that the X10 traffic starts to collide and causes problems. If I individually poll the switches they all respond correctly.

Last question. Why are you polling your switches? Are they not updated when you manually control the switches?

Comment

I have been using the "get status" on the HS software. I do not know how to do this on the GUI or how to poll each switch individually. Can you elaborate on how this is done.

Comment

Get Status is using the HS GUI. To individually poll a switch you can use a script like this:

sub main()

hs.PollDevice "A1"

status = hs.DeviceStatus("A1")

if status = 2 then
                        msgbox "The device is ON"
                        elseif status = 3 then
                        msgbox "The device is OFF"
                        end if

end sub

Comment

Do I need to build an event and use this script for every device? How do you recommend or how are you using this script?

Comment

Willt,
                            This was jut an example for testing the failing polls. If your switches are truly pollable then they are 2 way and should be showing their true status in HS without a poll.

Comment

I dont use anything But switchlinc 2380W 2 ways.. or the keypadlincs and they all show up correctly in my GUI. i am using my ocelot as my X10 interface. in fact my dim levels are even correct. only thing ive neverbeen able to do is program the preset dims or ramp rates through homeseer.. I am running 1.7.7 homeseer. my setups looked like Rupp's as well. I also do set my preset dim level under options.. just so the GUI and the device value will be correct when an even sends an ON command. mine even show up correct in the GUI if I do a device command control on, dim, etc. now if I could just get rid of the dog gone scrollbar in touchpad!

-christopher
                              PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

Working...
                              X