Updating HomeSeer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updating HomeSeer

When running the Updater to upgrade to version 1.7.30 from 1.7, I get the following messages:

11/26/2004 8:23:08 AM: Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\HomeSeer.exe
    11/26/2004 8:23:08 AM: Registering EXE: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\HomeSeer.exe
    11/26/2004 8:23:09 AM: Error installing file: ftd2xx.dll , is file open?
    11/26/2004 8:23:09 AM: Detailed error:
    11/26/2004 8:23:09 AM: Installation aborted, try restarting your computer and re-running the update.
    11/26/2004 8:23:09 AM: Could not install: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\updates\HomeSeer 1.71.7.0.30, maybe download failed?
    11/26/2004 8:23:09 AM: Updates not complete
    11/26/2004 8:23:09 AM: Updates aborted.

I've tried installing the update immediately after a reboot without running HomeSeer, but I get the same message about ftd2xx.dll. Anyone else seen this and know what I can do about it?

YoYo,
    Do a search of this file and see if it is write protected.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Rupp.

It's not write protected, in fact I was able to delete it out of the System32 folder. Tried again, but not joy, although the file was re-installed after the update. It appears that the update was successful anyways, because HomeSeer now reports the new version, even though the Updater does not show it as installed.

I'm wondering if this has something to do with the fact that I'm running HS on Windows 2003 Server instead of XP??

And, FWIW, the file in question FTD2XX.DLL was already the same version as what the Updater was trying to install.

I guess I won't worry about it further, as everything else seems to be fine.

Comment

I don't know how to do this, Rick or Rich may come in on this, or try posting a ticket on the HS web site, but, my thought is delete the Updater and force it to re-install. Before I re-installed HS onto a new OS system I was having problems with the updater from time to time, nothing serious, just anoying. Once I did a clean install of HS and all, I have had no problems. So far.

I am making an asumption that the download is not corrupt.
        sigpic
        A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

YoYo,

I got something similar and went to task manager and found the HomeSeer.exe still open. I ended task on it and everything was fine after that.
          -Tom

Visit Kernhome
          Kern Theater Gallery

(User: guest / Pass: guest)

Comment

Hi Tom,

I did check that and also used TaskInfo to see if the file was open and by what process, both were negative.

When I deleted the file (while HomeSeer was running btw), the file deleted just fine, but a few seconds later, the Windows Installer popped up and asked if I wanted remove the Lenout & Hauspie speech stuff?? I answered no, exited out of HS, rebooted, tried the update again, but same results, although the file was replaced and the HomeSeer exe was updated.

Comment

Do you have a Z-Wave interface? That file is used by the Z-Wave software that HomeSeer uses. It might be that the interface did not install properly due to some other reason.
              Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Tinker
                Do you have a Z-Wave interface? That file is used by the Z-Wave software that HomeSeer uses. It might be that the interface did not install properly due to some other reason.
                No, I sure don't. Don't own any Z-wave stuff yet.

Comment

Working...
                X