Error accessing HS online manuals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error accessing HS online manuals

I am getting an error when trying to access the HS online manuals at Homeseer.com. The error I am getting is:
    "Java Script Error
    Description: Object Required
    Source: http://Homeseer.com
    Line: 2"

This happens for all online manuals.....any help?

Jeff,

I guess you have XP SP2 installed.
    It did the same thing to me but you need to temporarily allow pop-up in the little yellow band and old the ctrl key then click the link.

Thanks to Microsoft for this

Regards,
    Christian

Comment

Jeff,
      Is this on a newly rebuilt machine? I can not access any of the online help files using Suns java virtual machine which is the only one available now. If I install Microsofts Virtual Machine it works just fine.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Christian, thanks for the tip. I have tried and it doesn't seem to work. When I hit Cntl and "click" it flashes and then disappears.

Greg, it's my main machine which is a couple of years old. I am running SP2, and the Sun Java (which is needed for my camera work).

I can download the manuals and see them online, so not a disaster.

Thanks

Comment

Jeff. When you click on that bar. You need to select something like allow popups from this site(or something like that). Then refresh the page.

Comment

I just tried it and it works fine this way. Before allowing, I received the same err msg as you.

Comment

I think I tried that and it didn't change anything. I don't get the pop-up message anymore when accessing the site. How do I get this message again to try again?

Comment

You're not getting the yellow warning band below the IE's address window anymore?

Comment

no, I am sure that I said allow temporarily, but I dont' get the warning anymore. Maybe it needs a reboot before it will show again.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X