Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are most of you using to Moitor your network?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are most of you using to Moitor your network?

I have seen a few programs, and tried a few, but I was wondering if one is superior to the rest. Is there a list of all the network monitor programs? I tried searching, but sometimes things are named differently, so they are hard to find. thanks.
    Last edited by ; November 26, 2004, 11:56 PM.

I use DooNetwork.

Comment

I downloaded doonetwork and I am going to try it. Does anyone know what doonetwork gives a device value code when it is online and when it is offline or any other state for that matter? I would like to know the device value codes so I can set up cases for icons to show up on my ultra view status page. Thanks.

Comment

Beach,
        A simple script of this repeating text run every few minutes should do what you want to do.

PHP Code:
        'WeatherServer (Office)
        strVar = hs.ping("192.168.0.101",2)
        if strVar = 0 then
            status = "<font color='
        lime'> OnLine @ " & time &  "</font>" 
        else
            status = "<font color='
        red'> OffLine @ " & time &  "</font>" 
        end if        
        hs.setDeviceString "N17",status,true 
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Moitor? Isn't that a Jewish thing?

I use DooNetwork, with limited success... I can tell from experience that if the source you are pinging is down it will almost stop HS if you use the hs.ping method. I stopped using that and went to dooNetwork as it does not have that issue. But the latest HS changes broke mine..

Comment

Scott,
            What version of HS are you using? I just ran mine and 5 of my 11 devices are off line and the script only took 11 seconds and HS didn't show any adverse affects.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp
              Scott,
              What version of HS are you using? I just ran mine and 5 of my 11 devices are off line and the script only took 11 seconds and HS didn't show any adverse affects.
              My current version doesn't matter as I swtiched to dooNetwork quite a few versions ago because of this issue... and I refuse to try again as it took my system down bad if there was any issues. Enough to stop every thing while it was trying.

Comment

Rupp. Thank you for the script. I expanded it a little. Would you take a look at it and let me know if it's ok? I am learning little by little. I added something to note the log if there is an error. It seems to work ok. I would like to learn how to set up the main formula of a script and then just have it keep plugging in variables instead of writing out the same case over and over, but I will get it someday. Thanks again.
                Attached Files

Comment

Beach,
                  Have you tried HSPI UltraMon?
                  http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=85751

It uses an ICMP ping control that doesn't cause HomeSeer to freeze during the ping process. It also attempts to ping the device several times before considering the device offline.

Regards,
                  Ultrajones
                  Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Ultra,

I did try it, and I liked it, but I wanted to create something custom made for my ultra status quick view page that would allow me to separate the ip addresses from the device string instead of including it in with the string. I enjoyed creating something that works. I think your work is top notch. Thanks a lot for all of your scripts and programs. I really have the hang of ultra status now. It took me a while, but it works great. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X