Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arduino WiFi hardware ?

Hi,

We've successfully got Arduino + Ethernet shield working, but now we want to switch to WiFi using ESP8266 to operate remotely.

There are MANY ESP8266 shields out there. I tried with Sparkfun ESP8266 WiFi Shield, the one I had, but no luck. The board came with a Sparkfun library and I'm guessing that the 5 libraries which must be added to the program files (x86)\libraries will not do the job.

So, rather than try and modify the code and add libraries/code to make it work, it may be easier just to use an ESP8266 shield that is known to work. Can anyone specify a WiFi board which they have got to work using the standard process provided by HomeSeer ?

BTW, couple of other questions. I know it's like the wild west in Arduino world but:
    1. Why do we have to use a specific version (1.8.9) of Arduino IDE ?
    2. Why are we asked to update the system libraries and not the user area. If we have to change to another version of IDE, those libraries would have be updated again.

Regards,
    BRIAN

Suggest looking at Tasmota project. It had already integrated a multitude of Arduino libraries do has an extensive device support. You can run it’s binaries or modify source for your custom needs. Integration via HS is normally via WiFi using MQTT. McsMQTT is a good option for HS plugin.

For source changes you can use Arduino IDE, but PlatformIO has better support. I use it under Visual Studio Code.

Comment

Michael,

Thank you very much. I'll check it out.

Comment

Working...
      X