You're favorite multi-sensor and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're favorite multi-sensor and why?

Soo... i pulled an old Aeotec Multi-sensor Gen5 from my spare parts box and tried hooking it into HS4... everything was fine if I had it directly next to my controller, but once I put it in its final location, things go south. I've woken it, optimized routes, it works for a while, then it doesn't, etc.

Then I realized/remembered why it was sitting in the spare parts box, cuz it's a POS. I found that true for many Aeotec devices years ago, they looked on great on paper, but the execution was less than optimal. Also eats through batteries.

That being said, what's your favorite multi-sensor? At a minimum it should have temp, motion, lux level, and humidity, Can be z-wave or zigbee since I plan on supporting both types of devices.

I use an Aeotec Multisensor 6 (z-wave plus) on my outside porch to measure motion, temperature and humidity. It is dry where it is located. It has been there for a couple of years and it works great.

Comment

The Aeotec sensor I have only works reliably when connected to USB power.

I recently tried an Inovelli multisensor which has been working great for two months, also on USB. It may be my new favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by logbuilder View Post
        I use an Aeotec Multisensor 6 (z-wave plus) on my outside porch to measure motion, temperature and humidity. It is dry where it is located. It has been there for a couple of years and it works great.
        USB or battery?

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post

USB or battery?
          USB

Comment

Working...
          X