Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yet another question about tablets... ;-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pete
    replied
    While I mostly utilize my tabletops here just purchased a refurbished HP Elitepad G2 1000. It is very capable and very thin. Just updated the battery and getting 8 hours from it and adding a second battery for it inside of an aux sleeve for it. I have Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and Ubuntu 20.X running on it great. It comes with 128 Gb built in MMC and 4Gb of RAM. I will not hang one of these up as my tabletops work fine with POE Gb speeds and no batteries.

Leave a comment:

• mulu
    replied
    I just purchased a Kindle 8 (10th gen) for $60 and then I use a frame from https://makesbymike.com/ This is my second one that I just installed this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• kwolter
    started a topic Yet another question about tablets... ;-)

Yet another question about tablets... ;-)

I'm looking to wall mount a touchscreen tablet in a basement party room that will be mostly used to used for online radio shortcuts that are directed to a Squeezebox and potentially some lighting scenes either using HS Mobile or possibly HS Touch. I had an old 7" Nexus (Gen 1?) that I just dug out of storage and hoped to use but it's now way too slow to be useful.

As my needs are somewhat minimal, what is a 2nd hand tablet that would be good enough for this? I'd like to do something on the cheap.

Thanks in advance!
Working...
X