Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Control Mr Cool mini split w/ homeseer AND set a schedule for it to follow? Help pls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control Mr Cool mini split w/ homeseer AND set a schedule for it to follow? Help pls

the minisplit is compatible with google home assistant and amazons alexa(ew). I currently have none of their stuff installed, but the home assistant app on my cell phone.

I'd like for the minisplit to follow a calendar (even if I have to manually enter it), so on certain days that change every week, it'll turn on.

I'd also like to turn to control it with home seer.

What's the best way to do this?

Bump

Comment

I don't know, but I'll give you some general options to consider:

1) IR blaster to talk to the mini-split, wifi plugin to talk to the IR blaster, Easy Trigger PI for the scheduler. (Amazon and HS Store)

2) Alexa to talk to the mini-split, NODE-Red to connect HS and Alexa, Easy Trigger PI for the scheduler. (Amazon, Github, and HS Store)
      HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
      Home Assistant 2024.3
      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
      Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
      Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
      WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
      AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

I ran across a homebridge implementation for MrCool at https://github.com/nicholasrobinson/...dge-smartcielo While it is not a HS solution it could be used for someone interested in changing the backend to something HS recognizes. This may be a cloud rather than a local interface since MrCool is suppose to have a closed API.

Comment

Bump. IR blaster seems like the best idea so far.

Comment

The problem with many of the IR blasters is that they're still going through a public web based service, even if they have an open API. I'm working on finding a wifi-to-IR blaster that one can control locally, I have 4 Fujitsu split heads in my house that I would love to get on a schedule and integrate into HS.

Comment

There are many YouTube videos on ESP8266-based WiFi/IR blasters. I like the Andreas Spiess videos because they typically are educational and practical. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yyy7h7qh80 for this project of more background on IR with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gADIb1Xw8PE

Comment

I just installed a DIY 18K BTU MrCool unit that has a wifi dongle which would give me remote control through a phone app, if it had a strong enough signal to get to my router. Everything would go thru a cloud server somewhere much like my EcoBee thermostats. I wish it had direct control with Z-Wave or Zigbee. The wifi is useless to me.

Comment

I recently installed Tasmota with IR support and found it to be a easy solution to learn existing remote and then play it back with commands on local network. Also have Alexa control of IR commands. mcsMQTT has more info about it. No cloud involved.

Comment

I have an OLD spit system. No upgrades for automation. Someone here turned me on to the Remotec ZXT-600US. Its a battery operated z-wave IR transmitter. It has worked flawlessly for about 2-3 years. I can't find the post so I don't remember when I got it now. Set and forget.

https://www.remotec.com.hk/zxt600

Comment

Working...
                    X