No announcement yet.

Any means to show local camera feed on Echo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm wondering if homeseer via an event can send the camera image to one of the echo, similar to when Alexa speaks via node-red.

Comment

Not that I know of.

Works easier with Homeseer Touch client.

The alternative solution would be to utilize Alexa Monocle Cam. The is a reverse RTSP ip camera proxy bypassing the cloud.

This way you make a verbal request of Alexa to show you cam XX.

Using the Home Assistant Alexa Media player plugin you can send an automation event over to the Alexa to show the camera.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.12.X - HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.12.X
      HS4 Pro - V4.1.11.0 - Ubuntu 20.01/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono
      HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

As Pete said, Monocle https://monoclecam.com/star is an Alexa skill that allows viewing local RTSP feeds. If your cameras have the "right" parameters for Amazon, nothing else is needed. If not, you have to run a local service (Windows or Linux) to convert to an Alexa compatible feed. I use it, it works fine.

Comment

Sorry I forgot to mention that I already have Monocle installed and working, I assumed that the topic was about it. I was actually asking if I could have an event triggering monocle to show the camera on the echo in addition of saying alex show the front camera.
          By the way, is anyone experiencing that will take Alexa several retry before it shows the camera? I would say, Alexa show the front camera, she would respond, OK but nothing shows, I need to try several times before it shows the camera.

Comment

Working...
          X