Sending device value/status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sending device value/status

Some of my events send text messages to me when executed. In the subject line I usually use $date & $time after the subject of the message. Is there a way of adding a device status/value as well? For example “Pool temp is 79 degrees”, with the temp actually being obtained from that device value.

I’m sure this is simple, but not sure how to reference the device or the syntax.

Thx!

In previous versions there was a script call GetDeviceRefByName you could call to get the reference to the device, Then use that to pull the status and or values. You might be able to pull it off in a mini-script in an event.

Comment

Originally posted by kwolter View Post
      n the subject line I usually use $date & $time after the subject of the message. Is there a way of adding a device status/value as well? For example “Pool temp is 79 degrees”, with the temp actually being obtained from that device value.
      Absolutely yes.

$$DSR:xxxx: <- replace xxxx with the reference ID of your device to get the string value
      $$DVR:xxxx: <- replace xxxx with the reference ID of your device to get the value

So say your pool temp device has a reference ID of 1234 you would put:
      Pool temp is $$DSR:1234:

Comment

Originally posted by Tillsy View Post

Absolutely yes.

$$DSR:xxxx: <- replace xxxx with the reference ID of your device to get the string value
        $$DVR:xxxx: <- replace xxxx with the reference ID of your device to get the value

So say your pool temp device has a reference ID of 1234 you would put:
        Pool temp is $$DSR:1234:
        Do the $$DS(V)R:1234: entries need to be put into quotes or other syntax?

For example when I use the device ID of the pool temp sensor of 412:

Pool is $$DVR:412 degrees at $Time

This is what is returned:

Pool is $$DVR:412 degrees at 7:55AM

Comment

You need a Colon after the Dev Ref

Code:
          $$DVR:412:
          not

Code:
          $$DVR:412
          Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
          X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
          Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
          Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
          Scripts =
          Various

Comment

That did the trick. Thanks!

Comment

They're called replacement variables. Here's the full list.

http://help.homeseer.com/help/HS3/st...ment_variables
              -Wade

Comment

Interesting the replacement variable are listing under the text to speech section only.

Comment

Working...
                X