Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eman
    replied
    About remote access, check this out first : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwiJEVkzhO0&t=222s

Eman.

Leave a comment:

• kenm
    replied
    Originally posted by windracer View Post

I just started playing with Homebridge and the HS4 plugin, thinking I could set up my wife to use the Apple Home app instead of HSBuddy or HSMobile (and also Nest, for our cameras). I've got Homebridge running alongside HS4 on my PiTroller, linked both bridges to the Home app on my iPhone, etc. But I guess I did not realize that for this to work outside of the house I'd still need some sort of Homekit-enabled hub, like an Apple TV?
    Correct. To the Home app, homebridge just looks like a HomeKit bridge with accessories. You still need an always on Home "hub" for remote access. Also, note that the Home app requires an internet connection to work. If your internet is down, you can't control any devices with the Home app.

Leave a comment:

• windracer
    replied
    Originally posted by Krumpy View Post
    if you’re on the Apple ecosystem and you have HomeSeer, then I highly highly recommend playing around with Homebridge and the homebridge-HomeSeer addin. You will have Siri integration..!

Originally posted by mjolsen View Post
    I have used homebridge as my main mobile interface for a year or so now with great luck.. Just got the new iPhone 12 Pro on ATT5g and home app will not work remotely.
    I just started playing with Homebridge and the HS4 plugin, thinking I could set up my wife to use the Apple Home app instead of HSBuddy or HSMobile (and also Nest, for our cameras). I've got Homebridge running alongside HS4 on my PiTroller, linked both bridges to the Home app on my iPhone, etc. But I guess I did not realize that for this to work outside of the house I'd still need some sort of Homekit-enabled hub, like an Apple TV?

Leave a comment:

• wpiman
    replied
    Anyone else have issue with Homebridge/Homekit recently?

I had an issue where I had a Homeseer accessory that went away. Homekit broke. I logged into Homebridge and realized the JSON needed updating and fixed everything. I can control all the devices great from the web interface.

Homekit never recovered. I removed the bridge- readded it-- flushed the cache- shut off icloud-- yadda yadda yadda.....

Edit:
    I had some iOS devices on the latest version of iOS (15.4.1) and some on the older version. I updated all my devices and it started working again. I have seen other iOS apps which use iCloud have issues when the devices are not all using the same version of iOS.

Leave a comment:

• jvm
    replied
    Originally posted by rotunnoe View Post
    Hi. I was curious if you are able to display the values of a HomeSeer counter or timer?
    For positive numbers you can.

I think you can make the counter or timer appear as a device in HomeSeer. In Homebridge, configure a light sensor using the device reference number for the counter / timer. In Homebridge, you'll then get a light sensor device where the "lux" value is the counter value. Not ideal, but it would work.

Its similar to what I describe here: https://github.com/jvmahon/Homebridg.../Energy-Meters for "faking" the display of watts.

Leave a comment:

• Krumpy
    replied
    Likely not. I am not 100% sure, but I do not believe that there is such a data type in homekit.

Leave a comment:

• rotunnoe
    replied
    Hi. I was curious if you are able to display the values of a HomeSeer counter or timer?

Leave a comment:

• jvm
    replied
    Originally posted by Tillsy View Post
    Yes mine died on me last month as well - I had made a bunch of device changes that same day so I wasted a fair bit of time troubleshooting those before downgrading the plugin to the prior version and realising that was the problem.
    The problem came from an update another developer made to one of the underlying libraries. This was fixed in version 1.0.24.

Leave a comment:

• jvm
    replied
    Originally posted by csaether View Post
    I am new to Homebridge, and I already love it. But I have one question. Is there any way to create a multi switch. In my case to create a switch between HOME, AWAY and VACATION?
    Not exactly, but ....

The SecuritySystem type provides for 4 states "Off", "Home", "Away", and "Night". You could use "Night" to mean vacation and then switch between "Home", "Away" and "Night".

Otherwise, you'd have to use two switches. One that is "Home" and "Away", the other that is "Home" and "Vacation".

Leave a comment:

• Eman
    replied
    Try here : https://www.pushcut.io/support_automation_server.html

Eman.

Leave a comment:

• sbessel
    replied
    Originally posted by csaether View Post
    I am new to Homebridge, and I already love it. But I have one question. Is there any way to create a multi switch. In my case to create a switch between HOME, AWAY and VACATION?
    If you look here: https://github.com/jvmahon/Homebridg...nfig.json-file

you may find a parameter that would work for you.

Leave a comment:

• csaether
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Krumpy
    replied
    I was able to upgrade to latest without issue. Odd…

Leave a comment:

• Tillsy
    replied
    Yes mine died on me last month as well - I had made a bunch of device changes that same day so I wasted a fair bit of time troubleshooting those before downgrading the plugin to the prior version and realising that was the problem.

Leave a comment:

• jvm
    replied
    [QUOTE=goldriver;n1516619]I upgarded to the latest 1.0.23 Homebridge Plugin and I now have the following message:

====================
    [2021-12-26 11:00:03] ERROR LOADING PLUGIN homebridge-homeseer4:
    [2021-12-26 11:00:03] C:\Users\bruno\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\homebridge-homeseer4\lib\HomeSeerSystemObject.js:133
    return this.HomeSeerDevices[reference]?.ControlPairs.find( function(currentElement) {
    ^

I think I may see the problem. What version of node are you using? I made a change to the code to use the chaining operator ("?.") which is not supported by early versions of node.js.

It looks like that operator wasn't added until node 14.5 (https://node.green/), so update to at least node 14.5 and try again.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X