No announcement yet.

Homebridge-Homeseer4-plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry. I previously said use 799 but I meant 795. I don't know of a way to define a combined device. You'd have to define two separate devices, one for on/off and the other for brightness. Can you post the Status/Graphics pages for both 795 and 796? With this information, I might be able to assist with the definitions. I've not worked with Zigbee2mqtt devices which appear to have independent on/off and brightness controls.

EDIT: Thinking about this a bit more, I think we can create a virtual device and use that device reference along with a couple of events to control the actual lamp devices. Let me experiment with this and see what I can work out.
    "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Thanks for the effort. These are the 795 and 796 status/graphics pages:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Scherm­afbeelding 2022-11-06 om 12.04.49.png
Views:	277
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	1574343

Name:	Scherm­afbeelding 2022-11-06 om 12.05.26.png
Views:	268
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	1574344

Comment

nl_user A question about a behavior of the lamp. If brightness (796) is adjusted while state (795) is OFF, does state turn ON as a result of that adjustment?
        "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Yes t does.

Comment

Originally posted by nl_user View Post
            Yes t does.
            Great. That makes things a little easier.

Comment

My solution requires a virtual device that will be used to control the real lamp. It also requires the use of the EasyTrigger plugin, which should be a plugin everyone is using.

First, we need to create a virtual device to control the real lamp.

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-11-07 at 11.28.33 AM.png
Views:	290
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	1574575

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-11-07 at 11.31.13 AM.png
Views:	249
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	1574576

There should be one control feature
              . ​

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-11-07 at 11.32.09 AM.png
Views:	249
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	1574577

Set the Control and Status values for the "Control" feature as shown below.

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-11-07 at 11.32.50 AM.png
Views:	247
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	1574578

It's important to change the Control Type to "Slider" for the device control.

​​Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-11-07 at 11.33.10 AM.png
Views:	248
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	1574579

Once the virtual device is created, add it to your Homebridge config.json file like this:

PHP Code:
                          {"type":"DimmingLight",

"name":"Virtual Lamp",

"ref":2284,

"onValue"100,

"levels":100,

"offValue"0},
              ​ 
              Finally test the virtual device with the home app to make sure Off, On, and Dim are working as expected. This needs to be working before setting up the events to control the real lamp.

Comment

I set up two events but some tuning may be needed, depending upon how your real lamp functions.

Event #1:

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-11-07 at 12.40.07 PM.png
Views:	256
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	1574582

Event #2:

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-11-07 at 12.41.57 PM.png
Views:	258
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	1574583

Note that you won't need the first action that turns on the real lamp state since you confirmed it will turn on when the brightness is set. This is just for my testing. In fact, you may not even need the first event at all, if setting the brightness to 0 turns off the real lamp state.

This is where the tuning will come in.

Comment

Thanks for the effort. The thing is, I don not have Easy trigger installed. Than, if I diced to buy that plug-in all the benefit from this recently bought "Zigbee Moes dimmer" is gone. Since I Bought that specific type, being cheaper than a Fibaro dimmer... Which is Z-wave and directly controllable through my HomeSeer system. So I would prefer a more direct way of controlling it or without the plugin. (What is the advantage of easy trigger?).

Comment

Originally posted by nl_user View Post
                    (What is the advantage of easy trigger?).
                    EasyTrigger provides a lot of functionality that otherwise has to be done with scripting. In this case, it would not be difficult to replace the EasyTrigger action with a small script that copies the value of the virtual device to the real dimmer control. I'll put something together for you a little later today.

Comment

Wasn't sure where to post my question. Today I decided to give Homebridge-Homeseer4-Plugin a try. I have it up and running and I have several devices from HS4 working in the IOS Home App. I seen a message in the log to enter a code in the Home App. How do I do that?

Thanks
                      Jim

Name:	Screenshot.png
Views:	229
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	1580455

Comment

jbfoster How did you get the bridge into the Home app (aka Pair with Homebridge)? Did you scan the QR code to pair it? If so, that's the same code, so you are good. I run via systemd so I haven't looked at the startup log fo a while, but I think that comes up every time at startup.

Comment

Originally posted by jbfoster View Post
                          Wasn't sure where to post my question. Today I decided to give Homebridge-Homeseer4-Plugin a try. I have it up and running and I have several devices from HS4 working in the IOS Home App. I seen a message in the log to enter a code in the Home App. How do I do that?

Thanks
                          Jim

Name:	Screenshot.png
Views:	229
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	1580455

It is in the instructions, but you open the Home app on your phone (or ipad or mac), click the plus sign and add accessory. I think it will tell you it might not be recognized or supported so you need to say you understand the risk.
                          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
                          Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
                          weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Originally posted by wpiman View Post

It is in the instructions, but you open the Home app on your phone (or ipad or mac), click the plus sign and add accessory. I think it will tell you it might not be recognized or supported so you need to say you understand the risk.
                            In the log it tells me to enter the code to pair. I already added Homebridge to the Home app. If I already paired Homebridge with the Home app why does it say to enter the code to pair? Everything appears to be working fine. I have added several Homeseer devices and I see them in the Home app.

Jim

Comment

What it's doing is printing the serial number of Homebridge (and also telling you to use that to pair). Think of if like a serial number label on the back of a physical bridge. Once you've pair, it's still there, but you don't need it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post
                                What it's doing is printing the serial number of Homebridge (and also telling you to use that to pair). Think of if like a serial number label on the back of a physical bridge. Once you've pair, it's still there, but you don't need it anymore.
                                Thanks, I wasn't sure if I needed to do anything.
                                Jim

Comment

Working...
                                X