Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jmaddox
    replied
    you have 203 defined twice. Remove the entry from the simple config section and just use the accessory one.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Q
    replied
    I have Some legacy x10 devices so I need to change the on value from 255 to 100. I used the new GUI to create the config.json file below. This crashed the plugin when I restarted it. ☹️
    Click image for larger version

Name:	CBC1C8B7-9762-4A51-95FC-CEF22F1924D7.jpeg
Views:	2183
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	1420162

Help please!

Steve

Leave a comment:

• Steve Q
    replied
    Why are there 2 “lightbulb” categories in the config.json file?

Steve

Leave a comment:

• jvm
    replied
    Originally posted by Eman View Post
    The author of the Homebridge plugin has stepped up a notch and introduced advanced and simple device settings through the UI X settings.

Click image for larger version Name:	Homebridge.png Views:	0 Size:	90.1 KB ID:	1414460

Eman.
    Glad you like the addition. Though to give credit where it is due, the Config-UI-X support was contributed by user @mwolter805 on github! I just added a note to the README to give him credit.

Leave a comment:

• Eman
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Q View Post

I am using the new plugin. The GUI is nice; I used it to add my first 2 devices. Then I switched to the config editor on the home page to enter additional devices.

I’m excited about HomeBridge with the HS4 plugin. I have many home automation devices that work with Apple HomeKit but not with HomeSeer. Now I can use a single app to control all my stuff. Lots of possibilities!!
    Look at the Homebridge MQTT plugins as well for more possibilities

Eman

Leave a comment:

• Steve Q
    replied
    Originally posted by Eman View Post

The new HomeSeer 4 Homebidge has a GUI so you don't have to edit the config.json file but the restarts are required for Homebridge only. The IOS devices update next time you start the app.

Eman.
    I am using the new plugin. The GUI is nice; I used it to add my first 2 devices. Then I switched to the config editor on the home page to enter additional devices.

I’m excited about HomeBridge with the HS4 plugin. I have many home automation devices that work with Apple HomeKit but not with HomeSeer. Now I can use a single app to control all my stuff. Lots of possibilities!!

Leave a comment:

• Eman
    replied
    I have installed Homebridge and the Homebridge HS4 plugin. Difficult install but I got it working and I am able to control 2 of my z-wave lights. It seems like I have to restart HS4 whenever I make any change to the HomeBridge config.json File. Is this really necessary? It also appears that any change to the config.json requires repairing the IOS Home app with the bridge?

Steve
    The new HomeSeer 4 Homebidge has a GUI so you don't have to edit the config.json file but the restarts are required for Homebridge only. The IOS devices update next time you start the app.

Eman.

Leave a comment:

• jmaddox
    replied
    I have installed Homebridge and the Homebridge HS4 plugin. Difficult install but I got it working and I am able to control 2 of my z-wave lights. It seems like I have to restart HS4 whenever I make any change to the HomeBridge config.json File. Is this really necessary? It also appears that any change to the config.json requires repairing the IOS Home app with the bridge?

Steve
    After making changes to config.json I only have to restart the homebridge server.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Q
    replied

Steve

Leave a comment:

• Steve Q
    replied
    Thanks Eman, I did not realize that Homebridge was a separate piece of software. I assumed it was a plugin for HS4. Thanks for the clarification. I use HomeKit a lot. I’m a big fan of Wyze, iDevices, Lutron, and Meross devices which work great with HomeKit but not so well with HS4. I’ll be installing Homebridge soon.

Leave a comment:

• Eman
    replied
    Where can I find the plugin? It is not listed with the other HS4 plugins!
    You have to install Homebridge server then its' one of it's plugins.

That image in the 1st post is in the Homebridge UI X

Eman

Leave a comment:

• Steve Q
    replied
    Where can I find the plugin? It is not listed with the other HS4 plugins!

Leave a comment:

• goldriver
    replied
    That is neet and very interesting, I guess I won't have json error anymore !

The summum would be to have a dropdown in ths config tool where one could chooses directly the HS4 device through a list soted by either floor, room or category

Leave a comment:

• Eman
    started a topic Homebridge-Homeseer4-plugin

Homebridge-Homeseer4-plugin

The author of the Homebridge plugin has stepped up a notch and introduced advanced and simple device settings through the UI X settings.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Homebridge.png Views:	0 Size:	90.1 KB ID:	1414460

Eman.
Working...
X