X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eman? Can’t believe you didn’t see this haha

https://github.com/sbormann/ioBroker.iqontrol

Comment

I am unable to get a temperature or humidity value from the sonoffTH into HomeBridge/HS4 plugin via the GUI. ☹️

Steve
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
      2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
        Eman? Can’t believe you didn’t see this haha

https://github.com/sbormann/ioBroker.iqontrol
        Wow! I will into it!

They there is also Lovelace

Eman.

TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
          I am unable to get a temperature or humidity value from the sonoffTH into HomeBridge/HS4 plugin via the GUI. ☹️

Steve
          Ok, I figured out how to get temperature and humidity into homebridge via manually editing the config.json file. But in HomeKit, the devices are not identified as sensors and therefore are not usable in “automations”.

Steve
          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
          2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

For those of you not aware, you'll want to look/install the latest Homebridge. Go to homebridge.io to read more about it. Install, and then install the new HomeSeer4 plugin.

HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

I have it up and running and I setup one light switch manually for testing. How can I import all of my HS4 devices. Don't tell me one by one manually as I have about 1,000.

Thanks,
              RISquare

Comment

Originally posted by risquare View Post
                I have it up and running and I setup one light switch manually for testing. How can I import all of my HS4 devices. Don't tell me one by one manually as I have about 1,000.

Thanks,
                RISquare
                Yes you'll need to input them manually, however the simple config is fairly easy to use since you only have to input the ref id of the device. It's only when you have to manually configure devices that it takes longer. Quite honestly, I found setting up the devices in homekit to be more tedious.
                HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
                Number of Devices: 1005
                Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

I think that you missed some key things about Homekit. There are device limits. I think less than 100 per hub. So, your 1000 devices in HomeSeer are not all transportable. Or you need to configure over 10 homebridge hubs. Certainly doable, but why?

I would focus on what is most important. Plus, I know that you're not going to play around with 1000 devices. Focus on grouping functionality into events, scenes, or other such concepts.

Do you want a glorified remote control, or do you want a smarthouse? In my opinion having a remote control to a house is not smart technology. You get my point....

If you really do have a gigantic house where each member has a "suite" which needs control or automation, then you might want to break up each suite into a different homekit "home". Otherwise, it really isn't manageable.....

Thanks,
                  RISquare
                  HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Thanks,
                    RISquare
                    I have about 500 devices. But I only need to be able to control some (maybe 50) of them with my iPhone. I will rely on HS4 to do the automation. I will mostly use homekit to Manually trigger devices when they do not automatically Trigger.

And yes you will have to manually enter them. Z-wave and x10 are easy. MQTT is a big challenge for me. HomeKit configuration is easy but very time consuming.

I’m still running HS3 in parallel with HS4. The Homebridge/HS4 plugin for HomeKit is a key reason for me to move to HS4.

I may end up running in parallel for a long time. I’m thinking about continuing using HS3 for HVAC control and power monitoring. I will use HS4 for lighting and security control.

Steve

Comment

For me, HomeKit offers many advantages over HS mobile. HomeKit is much more robust when it comes to remote (away from home) monitoring and control. HomeKit Geolocation triggers are working well most of the time for me. I use my iPad as a HomeKit hub. I am also experimenting with my AppleTV 4K as a hub. But there is not a lot of detail information about how to setup the AppleTV. Also, HomeKit allows for multiple homes. I’m wondering if I should use multiple instances of Homebridge? Lots of things to consider!

Steve

Comment

Krumpy
                        Steve Q

I agree with you completely. About 50 devices maybe is reasonable number and they can be added manually easily. BTW as a feedback to everyone who is reading this I tried importing the JSON file that contains ALL HS4 devices ( You get it by running a HTTP GET from your browser to HS4IPaddress/JSON?request=getstatus) The Homebridge Plug-in failed importing it. Do not waste time trying.
                        With all this said I think that Homebridge Plug-in for HS4 would be much better plug-in if it somehow mates/creates attributes of HS4 devices with HomeKit automatically.
                        For example my HS4 light switch has floor and room setup in HS4 already. Ideally the plug-in should find the same floor and room in HomeKit and move the device there. If any of the floor or room doesn't exist than create them automatically.
                        Same applies to other attributes such as "light switch" "door sensor" etc.
                        Device attributes are an Universe of their own and we have to deal with two parallel Universes here :-)

Comment

Noooo. The Schema in the JSON is completely different. Remember that homebridge existed before the homebridge-HomeSeer plug-in. Ok, HomeSeer existed before HomeKit, homebridge, etc, but there are a lot more HomeKit installations than HomeSeer installation!

I don’t know why HST has such a problem with user interfaces. I installed HS Mobile and my inner voice screamed “what are they thinking”? HomeKit as in IOS14 is actually decent. It is not as customizable as I would like, but for a baseline system it is good. With the new Homebridge, it can make your HomeKit installation really awesome!

if you’re on the Apple ecosystem and you have HomeSeer, then I highly highly recommend playing around with Homebridge and the homebridge-HomeSeer addin. You will have Siri integration...

And, yes, you must add each device manually!

Comment

Originally posted by Krumpy View Post

if you’re on the Apple ecosystem and you have HomeSeer, then I highly highly recommend playing around with Homebridge and the homebridge-HomeSeer addin. You will have Siri integration...

And, yes, you must add each device manually!
                            I exclusively use Apple mobile devices. And I only use Windows for desktop stuff. In the home automation world there is plenty of room for both. Since my phone is always with me, it’s the first thing I grab whenever something is not the way I would like it to be. HomeKit is limited, but it is always ready and simple to use.

iOS14 makes HomeKit even better. 😀

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post

iOS14 makes HomeKit even better. 😀
                              Thats is VERY debatable - in my opinion it is much worse.

Siri still has her moments of stupidity.

ME: "Turn my master bedroom fan to high"
                              SIRI: "hmm, I couldn't het a response from your devices at this time"

ME: "turn my master bedroom fan to 100%"
                              SIRI "OK I sent the master bedroom fan to 100%"

ME: "turn my master bedroom fan to medium"
                              SIRI "OK I sent the master bedroom fan to medium"

WTF Siri, have some fricken' consistency...

I am still running the old version of this plug-in without issue, I have a LOT invested in the JSON config file and I am really weary of all the work I would need to do to bring everything over.
                              Adding the devices to HomeKit one by one over a period of months is easy, all at once is a real PITA.

Comment

I have upgraded my iPhone and iPad to ios14. Lots of improvements to HomeKit. I also added the camera ffmpg plugin to HomeBridge. I can now access some of my cameras in Homekit. HS4 + HomeBridge + HomeKit is a sweet combination.

Click image for larger version

Name:	E223F7AE-114A-44CF-9779-F559110C9FC9.jpeg
Views:	867
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	1421736

Comment

Working...
                                X