Homebridge-Homeseer4-plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
    Why are there 2 “lightbulb” categories in the config.json file?

Steve
    They do the same thing. I think its this way because I originally set up the code using lower-case "lightbulbs" for the group identifier, and as I added other "group" identifiers, they were all upper-case, so for consistency, I also allowed "Lightbulbs". More logical approach would have been for the code to be case insensitive, but that's not how it works right now.

Comment

I've been using HomeBridge for about a month now. It is rock solid and performance is excellent. I added the HomeBridge plug-in for Alexa, which replaces the failed simple HomeSeer Alexa skill. I still use the more complete HomeSeer skill, but for simple commands the HomeBridge/Alexa plug-in is just right. I had to remove all of the devices registered to the failed HomeSeer skill but that didn't take too long. So, Siri control, Alexa control and, of course, HS Mobile. Why do I need all of these? Short answer, I don't. But I turn 74 in a couple of weeks and integrating all of this stuff keeps my brain from petrifying. Just about when we have this house perfect, we'll move to the UK to wither and die. So far, most-used interface is Siri-HomeBridge-HS4.

Comment

anyone upgrade to an iPhone 12 yet with home bridge? Curious if anyone has had an issue with Home app (HomeKit) working off network from cellular LTE/5G data on ATT?

I have used homebridge as my main mobile interface for a year or so now with great luck.. Just got the new iPhone 12 Pro on ATT5g and home app will not work remotely. My wife's home app connects just fine.

I am pretty certain it has nothing to do with Homebridge and everything to do with ATT 5G connectivity. I have the same issue with my Tesla mobile app (which others are having same exact issue on ATT 5g with iPhone 12) where the app will not work on 5g but will work on wifi (or over VPN on 5g).

Just looking to see if any other homebridge users have upgraded and if it works remotely?

thanks,
        mike

Comment

Originally posted by mjolsen View Post
          anyone upgrade to an iPhone 12 yet with home bridge? Curious if anyone has had an issue with Home app (HomeKit) working off network from cellular LTE/5G data on ATT?

I have used homebridge as my main mobile interface for a year or so now with great luck.. Just got the new iPhone 12 Pro on ATT5g and home app will not work remotely. My wife's home app connects just fine.

I am pretty certain it has nothing to do with Homebridge and everything to do with ATT 5G connectivity. I have the same issue with my Tesla mobile app (which others are having same exact issue on ATT 5g with iPhone 12) where the app will not work on 5g but will work on wifi (or over VPN on 5g).

Just looking to see if any other homebridge users have upgraded and if it works remotely?

thanks,
          mike
          The answer to that may be adaptation to the new security features which come with 5G. https://www.cablelabs.com/insights/a...authentication So more apps could be affected.

Else, it could also be the availability (locality ) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j8G_4FocrA

History : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhECDSuXRDs

Eman.
          TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

So, years ago I had issues with T-Mobile and VPN. My understanding was that Ring door bells also had issues. Turned out that T-mobile at the same time disabled ipv4 on their network and this caused a lot of issues.

It wouldn’t surprise me if this issue is a networking issue where on the 5G network they are not allowing certain connectivity. What you will want to do is do a network trace to see if the connectivity is coming in to your network to your Apple TV or whatever HomeKit hub. If not, then I would call ATT and raise hell.

This is one of the reason why I didn’t upgrade to 5g. I would rather have a strong and reliable network rather than a fast and unreliable/sporadic network. It will take 5g deployment a few years to get good...
            HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Greetings, folks
              Sorry if I am hijacking an old thread. Stupid question: what exactly is a device ID that I add into a simple configuration of Homebridge? I mean, I know what a node ID is, but I have several Z-Nets, so without knowing what Z-Net the node is on, the ID is not very useful...

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualPanther View Post
                Greetings, folks
                Sorry if I am hijacking an old thread. Stupid question: what exactly is a device ID that I add into a simple configuration of Homebridge? I mean, I know what a node ID is, but I have several Z-Nets, so without knowing what Z-Net the node is on, the ID is not very useful...
                No, I don't think you can add the Z-Net but you can add the devices that are connected to it. Click on any device you may wish to add to HomeBridge and note down their device IDs. You will have to do one by one. (Not all devices are supported by the plug-in)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Device ID.png Views:	0 Size:	19.8 KB ID:	1484871

And add those IDs on the page in the image below :

Click image for larger version

Name:	HomeBridge.png
Views:	460
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	1484878

Click image for larger version  Name:	Add Device.png Views:	0 Size:	27.5 KB ID:	1484876

Eman.

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post

No, I don't think you can add the Z-Net but you can add the devices that are connected to it. Click on any device you may wish to add to HomeBridge and note down their device IDs. You will have to do one by one. (Not all devices are supported by the plug-in)

Eman.
                  Eman,
                  Appreciate the help. No idea how I never needed these IDs, after a decade or ao of using HomeSeer...

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualPanther View Post

Eman,
                    Appreciate the help. No idea how I never needed these IDs, after a decade or ao of using HomeSeer...
                    The dev of that plug-in designed it that way, it works away from but with HomeSeer using the ASCII interface ( as a side chick ). It's not a plug-in in HomeSeer but in HomeBridge.
                    Eman.

Comment

I just updated the Homebridge and the homeseer4 plugin on my Linux box.... This was awesome! Great job by all.
                      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
                      Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
                      weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Hi All, recently had a homebridge ui update and it seemed to kill my homeseer integration. I get this error now whenever I try to start homeseer. Any suggestions?

Hi All, recently had a homebridge ui update and it seemed to kill my homeseer integration. I get this error now whenever I try to start homeseer. Any suggestions?

​​​​​​​ERROR LOADING PLUGIN homebridge-homeseer4:
                        [8/31/2021, 10:51:09 PM] Error [ERR_REQUIRE_ESM]: Must use import to load ES Module: /usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge-homeseer4/node_modules/node-fetch/src/index.js
                        require() of ES modules is not supported.
                        require() of /usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge-homeseer4/node_modules/node-fetch/src/index.js from /usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge-homeseer4/index.js is an ES module file as it is a .js file whose nearest parent package.json contains "type": "module" which defines all .js files in that package scope as ES modules.
                        Instead rename /usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge-homeseer4/node_modules/node-fetch/src/index.js to end in .cjs, change the requiring code to use import(), or remove "type": "module" from /usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge-homeseer4/node_modules/node-fetch/package.json.

at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1089:13)
                        at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:937:32)
                        at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:778:12)
                        at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:961:19)
                        at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:92:18)
                        at Object.<anonymous> (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge-homeseer4/index.js:4:14)
                        at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1072:14)
                        at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1101:10)
                        at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:937:32)
                        at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:778:12)

Comment

va02 ,

You should join the HomeBridge forum...for specific or related questions, else this here seem related but old : https://github.com/oznu/homebridge-c...i-x/issues/969

Eman.

Comment

Eman Thanks! I thought posting here would be good hoping other people running this plugin might have had the same issue. I read through and tried those options but doesn't seem to fix it. Homebridge is up and running great just can't start the homeseer plugin. I think this part is the problem but can't figure out how exactly to fix this and the second leg of it.

Instead rename /usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge-homeseer4/node_modules/node-fetch/src/index.js to end in .cjs, change the requiring code to use import(), or remove "type": "module" from /usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge-homeseer4/node_modules/node-fetch/package.json.

I'll post on the HomeBridge forum.

Comment

Originally posted by va02 View Post
                              Eman Thanks! I thought posting here would be good hoping other people running this plugin might have had the same issue. I read through and tried those options but doesn't seem to fix it. Homebridge is up and running great just can't start the homeseer plugin. I think this part is the problem but can't figure out how exactly to fix this and the second leg of it.

I'll post on the HomeBridge forum.
                              Let's hope you didn't install the plug-in using old methods, you should use the UI-X

Remove the plug-in, update node.js (sudo n v12.22.6), reboot then locate the plug-in by search after clicking on the plug-ins link

Eman

Comment

Thanks Eman, unfortunately still no luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X