No announcement yet.

Homebridge-Homeseer4-plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you post a working version of the config file for others to reference. Please remove username and password.

Comment

Originally posted by silverton38 View Post
      Can you post a working version of the config file for others to reference. Please remove username and password.
      Samples are here:
      https://github.com/jvmahon/Homebridg.../master/config
      Start with config.simple.json as an example.

Comment

Originally posted by jvm View Post

Samples are here:
        https://github.com/jvmahon/Homebridg.../master/config
        Start with config.simple.json as an example.
        Those sample files did not seem to work without modifications at least with Hoobs. I want to get the visual configuration working on Hoobs and Homebridge. That way many more people can add without much hassle.

Comment

I'm using HOOBS 3.3.3 with the 1.0.17 homebridge-homeseer4-plugin
          I'd tried the HOOBS 4 Beta a few months ago and I couldn't configure the plugin then. I haven't tried HOOBS 4 since it's been released.

Current config after filling in the plugin's Configuration:

Code:
          {
          "server": {
          "port": 80,
          "origin": "*",
          "autostart": 0,
          "home_setup_id": "X-HM://0000000000000",
          "polling_seconds": 5
          },
          "client": {
          "default_route": "status",
          "inactive_logoff": 30,
          "theme": "hoobs-light",
          "locale": "en",
          "temp_units": "fahrenheit",
          "country_code": "US",
          "postal_code": "00000"
          },
          "bridge": {
          "name": "HOOBS",
          "port": 51826,
          "pin": "000-00-000",
          "username": "00:00:00:00:00:00"
          },
          "description": "",
          "ports": {},
          "plugins": [
          "homebridge-homeseer4"
          ],
          "accessories": [],
          "platforms": [
          {
          "platform": "HomeSeer",
          "plugin_map": {
          "plugin_name": "homebridge-homeseer4"
          },
          "name": "HomeSeer",
          "host": "http://10.0.10.21",
          "ASCIIport": 11000,
          "login": "0000000",
          "password": "0000000000000000",
          "TemperatureSensors": [
          ],
          "Outlets": [
          ],
          "Switches": [
          ],
          "CarbonMonoxideSensors": [
          ],
          "ContactSensors": [
          ],
          "HumiditySensors": [
          ],
          "LeakSensors": [
          ],
          "LightSensors": [
          ],
          "MotionSensors": [
          ],
          "SmokeSensors": [
          ],
          "SecuritySystems": [
          ]
          }
          ],
          "package_manager": "npm",
          "system": "hoobs"
          }

Comment

I will give this config a try but I do not think it will work on my version of Hoobs. The "ref" seems to matter in this version and you do not have one in your config.

Comment

For those using my homebridge plugin, there was an update to one of the underlying libraries that caused some bugs. If you haven't already done so, update the plugin to version 1.0.20.

`````
              npm -g update
              `````

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Greetings, folks
                  I apologize if the new issues are not meant to be posted here. I do know the plugin author has moved on to Habitat...

Unfortunately, not being a coder, it is impossible for me to figure out the root of my problem with the Homebridge HS4 plugin. It was working flawlessly, until recently )not sure how recently), devices that I added stopped responding to Siri. Homebridge log blames HS4 plugin, without much detail:

Code:
                  [homebridge-homeseer4] This plugin is taking long time to load and preventing Homebridge from starting. See https://git.io/JtMGR for more info.
                  I registered for GitHub and posted the new issue there as well. Any insight would be much appreciated.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I see you already post here : https://github.com/jvmahon/Homebridg...er4/issues/158 You could sit and wait on the author... And while waiting check on your node version...

# node --version , If lower than the stable version then # n v12.22.7 to update...

Eman.
                    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
                      I see you already post here : https://github.com/jvmahon/Homebridg...er4/issues/158 You could sit and wait on the author... And while waiting check on your node version...

# node --version , If lower than the stable version then # n v12.22.7 to update...

Eman.
                      Eman,
                      Current HB version is v14.17.1. I have never manually done anything to that, short of clicking on "Update", when prompted. Should I do anything for this version?

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualPanther View Post

Eman,
                        Current HB version is v14.17.1. I have never manually done anything to that, short of clicking on "Update", when prompted. Should I do anything for this version?
                        The version you have posted is higher so no action needed there. Only wait to see further instructions from the author.

Eman.

Comment

I played with HomeBridge in the early days (about 5 years ago) in order to make my iPhone control my HS devices. It was difficult at the time and gave up regardless of some partial results. It is much better now. Thanks to those who made it happen.
                          I just installed both HomeBridge and HS4 plug-in . Started O.K. but I don't see any of my HS4 devices in the "Home" app of iPhone.
                          The "home" app recognized the bridge and adopted it, but no devices show up whatsoever.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

TheDude

Comment

Originally posted by Thedude View Post
                            I played with HomeBridge in the early days (about 5 years ago) in order to make my iPhone control my HS devices. It was difficult at the time and gave up regardless of some partial results. It is much better now. Thanks to those who made it happen.
                            I just installed both HomeBridge and HS4 plug-in . Started O.K. but I don't see any of my HS4 devices in the "Home" app of iPhone.
                            The "home" app recognized the bridge and adopted it, but no devices show up whatsoever.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

TheDude
                            Go to post #37 : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...68#post1484868

Eman

Comment

I upgarded to the latest 1.0.23 Homebridge Plugin and I now have the following message:

====================
                              [2021-12-26 11:00:03] ERROR LOADING PLUGIN homebridge-homeseer4:
                              [2021-12-26 11:00:03] C:\Users\bruno\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\homebridge-homeseer4\lib\HomeSeerSystemObject.js:133
                              return this.HomeSeerDevices[reference]?.ControlPairs.find( function(currentElement) {
                              ^

SyntaxError: Unexpected token '.'
                              at wrapSafe (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1053:16)
                              at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1101:27)
                              at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1157:10)
                              at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:985:32)
                              at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:878:14)
                              at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1025:19)
                              at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:72:18)
                              at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Users\bruno\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\homebridge-homeseer4\index.js:16:24)
                              at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1137:30)
                              at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1157:10)
                              [2021-12-26 11:00:03] ====================

Anyone would have an ide of what the problem coulkd be ?

I tried a second time updating the plugin but still no luck

I then decided to go back to 1.0.22 and it started working back again

homebridge@1.3.8
                              homebridge-config-ui-x@4.41.5
                              homebridge-homeseer4@1.0.23

Comment

[QUOTE=goldriver;n1516619]I upgarded to the latest 1.0.23 Homebridge Plugin and I now have the following message:

====================
                                [2021-12-26 11:00:03] ERROR LOADING PLUGIN homebridge-homeseer4:
                                [2021-12-26 11:00:03] C:\Users\bruno\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\homebridge-homeseer4\lib\HomeSeerSystemObject.js:133
                                return this.HomeSeerDevices[reference]?.ControlPairs.find( function(currentElement) {
                                ^

I think I may see the problem. What version of node are you using? I made a change to the code to use the chaining operator ("?.") which is not supported by early versions of node.js.

It looks like that operator wasn't added until node 14.5 (https://node.green/), so update to at least node 14.5 and try again.

Comment

Working...
                                X