• Show
Clear All

• nl_user
    replied
    Ok thanks, will give that I try.

Leave a comment:

• kenm
    replied
    I think you'll want to use ref 799 instead of 796. You can get the "onValue" and "offValue" from the status/graphics page for 799. "levels" may also only be 100 if the brightness is in percent.

Leave a comment:

• nl_user
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Scherm­afbeelding 2022-11-04 om 16.28.35.png
Views:	232
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	1574071
    Did also test that but that did not work either.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Eman
    replied
    nl_user,

Try to add this "onValue": 255, as well and see if works...

Remove the "onValue": 1

Eman.

Leave a comment:

• nl_user
    replied
    kenm thanks that helped me a bit further. Great. But strange thing I can now have it on, or off but sliding the brightness does not seem to work. If the slider has 1% than it works (light at full brightness) having it on or off with the homekit button. So might missed something here. Do I need to include more than one ref? And if so how to do that? This is what I have now and also the device with its id's:

{
    "ref": 796,
    "type": "DimmingLight",
    "name": "lamp_aanrecht",
    "offValue": "0",
    "onValue": "1",
    "levels": "255",
    "uuid_base": "DimmableLight795"
    }

Name:	Scherm­afbeelding 2022-11-04 om 11.08.04.png
Views:	232
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	1574021

Name:	9C25A284-53BD-4CC5-8BC0-07E6E3348437.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	1574022Click image for larger version

Name:	18C9109A-0D7A-4269-82EA-19B402F772BC.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	1574023

Leave a comment:

• kenm
    replied
    Try something like this:

Code:
    {"type":"DimmingLight",
    "name":"Cabinet Bar",
    "ref":932,
    "onValue": 255,
    "levels":255,
    "offValue": 0},
    ​
    I'm using IOS16 now so it works a little differently. If I tap on the left side of the button (icon side) it turns the light off or on to last value. If I tap on the right side it brings up a slider so I can adjust the level.

Leave a comment:

• nl_user
    replied
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask. I want to add a "dimmer" to the Homebridge config. The zigbee dimmer is working in HomeSeer 4 and has a state button and slider for brightness. That is what I want to have in HomeKit as well. How to add this to the config?
    This is a part off the config I have in place now. Anyone to share his dimmer - slider setup please? Thanks for the big help

Name:	Scherm­afbeelding 2022-11-03 om 17.45.54.png
Views:	266
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	1573903

Leave a comment:

• goldriver
    replied
    Hi everyone

I was wondering if there is a config that is not documented that could be set that would prevent the device name to be created with Homeseer "Room" name in front of the "Device name" when imported from the config.json file in Homekit ?

I know I could manually create all devices in the Accessories but that is a lot more maintenance.

thanks for your help

Leave a comment:

• helie2
    replied
    Originally posted by Gosuna View Post

I'd guess the different subnets is the issue. Can't add more than that, just an idea from trying VLANs previously.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/sysadmin/co...ll_with_vlans/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/HomeKit/com...ocal_networks/
    thanks for sharing the help

Leave a comment:

• kenm
    replied
    Make sure you are using an account on HS that has sufficient privileges. I created an account just for Homebridge.

Leave a comment:

• shahn
    replied
    I do have a router in place (sorry, should've clarified that). I can confirm that I can easily reach the HS4 machine (10.0.1.254) from the 10.0.2.x subnet. I even added 10.0.2 to the "local subnet" option

Leave a comment:

• wpiman
    replied
    Originally posted by shahn View Post
    I happen to have Homebrdige and Homeseer running on different subnets, but I don't think that should make a difference.
    That absolutely will make a difference.... They are separate networks which don't talk to one another unless you have a router in place....

Leave a comment:

• Gosuna
    replied
    Originally posted by shahn View Post
    Hello
    I happen to have Homebrdige and Homeseer running on different subnets, but I don't think that should make a difference.

I am clearly missing something as you all seem to have this working fairly well. Any suggestions? Thank you!
    I'd guess the different subnets is the issue. Can't add more than that, just an idea from trying VLANs previously.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/sysadmin/co...ll_with_vlans/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/HomeKit/com...ocal_networks/

Leave a comment:

• shahn
    replied
    Hello

I'm new to HS4 and having trouble getting the HS4-Homebridge link to work. Any help would be appreciated.

I have HS4 set up on a PC and have Z wave devices set up. I'm starting with just one light "Culdesac Light". The parent device ID is 131. There are apparently 2 child devices, Central Scene (ID 132) and Switch (ID 133). The Switch seems to be the business part because that is what I toggle on and off and it controls the light

I've added 133 (as well as 131-133) to the Homebridge Plugin. When the Home app reloads, the device associated with ID 133 shows the correct status of the light at the time of the boot but then doesn't change if I toggle the light using HS4. Similarly, when I toggle the light in the Home app, there is no effect on the actual device in HS4.

Looking at the HB logs, it seems I can't connect to the ASCII control port 11000 - even though I have checked the allow ASCII control section and confirmed port 11000 on HS4.

I am clearly missing something as you all seem to have this working fairly well. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• windracer
    replied
    So I picked up an Apple TV 4K to replace one of my Amazon Fire Sticks this weekend and set it up as a Homekit hub. I've got VLANs set up, so I had to tinker a bit in order to get everything working, but it finally picked up my devices through Homebridge and the Homeseer plug-in, nice! And now I can control the lights from the Home app on my iPhone, even when away from the house (or testing from my guest or IoT wireless networks).

The only thing that doesn't seem to work is the garage door opener. If I try to open/close it from the Homebridge accessories page, the Apple TV, the Home app, or the Siri suggestion in my car (via CarPlay), it just spins and nothing happens. Not seeing anything in the log either. If I open it from Homeseer, it works. In the device setting in Homekit/Homebridge, it's showing the root device ID of the overhead door in Homeseer, not the ID of the actual door device (that has the open/close actions). Could that be why?

edit: as soon as I wrote this out, I realized that probably is why. I put in the root device (18) into the Homeseer plugin instead of the child device (20). Gonna fix that now and te-test.

edit #2: yep, that did it! Amazing what works when you use the correct device. I can control the overhead garage door from the Apple TV, phone, CarPlay, etc.

My Nest cameras are also unreliable via Homebridge, but that's a different plug-in so a different discussion. The live feeds work fine on the Apple TV (albeit a bit delayed) but in the Home app they only work if I'm on the same network as Homebridge, they don't work remotely using the Apple TV as a hub apparently.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X