Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave Lock Recommendation

Hi,

I was hoping for some Z-Wave lock recommendations, I have been searching and there really a lot of options and every site has different reviews.

I would like the following

Foremost, I want reliable.
    Z-Wave Plus
    Bluetooth Auto proximity unlock.

Its not for the main house but an external Garage. The garage already has several Z-Wave plus devices that work fine from Homeseer in the house. So communication should not be a problem.

I use HS3 and Aeon Z-stick that have been running for years.

any feedback or recommendations would be appreciated.

Steven R

I have a Schlage lever lock and a Yale motorized deadbolt. Both have been very reliable. Neither have Bluetooth - Z-Wave only.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I love my Schlage locks, but I would never put them on my external garage (I have one also). I have a door with upper glass for light, one could easily smash the door glass, reach in and unlock the lock. That's why I stick with a deadbolt keyed on both sides. If you have a solid door then I would consider it.

Comment

I did a lot of research on different forums on this. A lot of people complained on Amazon on the poor battery life of Yale locks. But I ended getting the Schlage mainly because I found one that has the exact same Antique Brass finish and same Schlage lock set as our current front door. Before I install, she want's me to repaint the door, an understandable request. But, she want's to go with me to pick out generally the same black color it's painted now, but not exactly.. Go figure. But I'm waiting until the humidity goes down a bit.

But before the return period ends with Amazon, I'm planning on taking it out of the box, doing the setup on my bench, get it associated and make sure the lock works, keypad works, deadbolt throws, etc. I'll let you know how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by StevenR View Post
          Hi,

I was hoping for some Z-Wave lock recommendations,..
          I would like the following

Foremost, I want reliable.
          Z-Wave Plus
          Bluetooth Auto proximity unlock...
          Take a look at Danalock, which I have had in operation for about 1.5 years. It has been very reliable. Battery life is reasonable. It comes in Z-Wave and in zigbee. I have the Z-wave. It has Bluetooth unlock (I don't think it is auto proximity, though). They also have a Bluetooth keypad, which I recently added and it works well.
          "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
          "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Just found time to review these, thank you for all the feedback.
            Its for a garage side door I use a lot, I want it to lock / unlock automatically when I am around and be able to monitor it. Its on the side of the garage that I cannot see from the house.

The Danalock looks interesting, states it has auto unlock, not sure.

Thanks
            Steven

Comment

Originally posted by StevenR View Post
              Just found time to review these, thank you for all the feedback.
              Its for a garage side door I use a lot, I want it to lock / unlock automatically when I am around and be able to monitor it. Its on the side of the garage that I cannot see from the house.

The Danalock looks interesting, states it has auto unlock, not sure.

Thanks
              Steven
              Danalock does have autolock. It does not have proximity unlock, though. You have to open the app on your smartphone to unlock. As I mentioned, there is also the optional keypad, which has been working quite well for me.
              "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
              "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

No Bluetooth, but I am having good luck with a Schlage lock installed recently. 2 settings locked or unlocked, if it is set to locked you can walk right out, but it is locked for getting back in. Seems reliable so far, the scenes I setup are working as expected.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

Working...
                X