Z-Wave Lamp Modules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave Lamp Modules

I have a couple modules that are acting quite strange.. when issued an "ON" command they come on briefly and then turn back off. It is happening on two of about 25 modules. Log still shows them as being on.

Is anyone else seeing this? Is there a fix?

Thanks

Make and model and version of HS would help. I have one GE wall dimmer, on HS3, that's basically doing the same thing. If controlled by HS it comes on and dims right back to off. If controlled locally it works just fine.

Comment

Using the latest HS4 update for Windows..

The modules are Evolve Model LDM-15S Lamp Modules. Outlets on each end. One is always hot and the other is controlled by z-wave.

Click image for larger version

Name:	front.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	1414864
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Back.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	1414865

Attached Files

Comment

Well that helps, I have the same one controlling one of my floor lights. So far, it's been rock steady. Have you tried re-associating it?

Comment

Had a similar situation and found an event that 'broke' with the removal of the event condition 'has been on for at least' in HS4.
          The other part of the suspect event had a condition that the device was set to on. We'd walk into the bedroom and if you turned the light switch on the lights would disco dance on and off. Took me a bit to find the issue.
          Just a thought.
          Dan-O
          HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan-O View Post
            We'd walk into the bedroom and if you turned the light switch on the lights would disco dance on and off. Took me a bit to find the issue.
            I'd call that a feature... but that's just me

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post

I'd call that a feature... but that's just me
              My wife disco'd the first time it was doing that but the next time it happened the WAF went down a few points.
              Dan-O
              HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Comment

If that is a dimmable unit look to see if it is set too low? Although normal should be that it won't come on at all, at I recall, some z-wave units would come on at 100% and dim down.
                Karl S
                HS4Pro on Windows 10
                1070 Devices
                56 Z-Wave Nodes
                104 Events
                HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
                Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Working...
                X