Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No temperature readings from Fibaro FGBS-222

Hello all.

Going from Fibaro to Homeseer(4) has been a joy, until I tried to include my Fibaro smart implant, FGBS-222.
    I have connected two DS-18B20 sensors, where I read temperatures from my hot water system.
    This worked perfect with my Fibaro home center.

Unfortunately, this device does not work with HS4, I have tried unsecure/secure, it does not show temperatures as it did with Fibaro HC2. It shoes just a lot of “applications statuses”.
    This device also has an internal temperature sensor, and I can see that the FGBS-222 sends temperature reports from the internal sensor, but HS4 does not understand it.
    Anyone had luck with temperature readings from the external sensor with this device?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	145
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	1414999

FGBS-222 is Z-wave plus certified, what does that mean?
    It should then work with HS4?
    Is this a Fibaro or a Homeseer problem, one of them is not following the Z-wave specifications?

Thanks and cheers from Norway,
    Ole

Originally posted by Ole Martin View Post
    Hello all.

Going from Fibaro to Homeseer(4) has been a joy, until I tried to include my Fibaro smart implant, FGBS-222.
    I have connected two DS-18B20 sensors, where I read temperatures from my hot water system.
    This worked perfect with my Fibaro home center.

Unfortunately, this device does not work with HS4, I have tried unsecure/secure, it does not show temperatures as it did with Fibaro HC2. It shoes just a lot of “applications statuses”.
    This device also has an internal temperature sensor, and I can see that the FGBS-222 sends temperature reports from the internal sensor, but HS4 does not understand it.
    Anyone had luck with temperature readings from the external sensor with this device?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	145
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	1414999

FGBS-222 is Z-wave plus certified, what does that mean?
    It should then work with HS4?
    Is this a Fibaro or a Homeseer problem, one of them is not following the Z-wave specifications?

Thanks and cheers from Norway,
    Ole
    Ditto here. This is holding up a project I have underway. No temperature device but HS4 does receive the temp reports from the unit just no device to collect them.

Comment

What sort of child devices are created during inclusion? Just to be on the safe side, exclude/remove the device from Homeseer, and then again non-secure include. Also the try rescanning the device. Basically, you need to get Homeseer to create child nodes for the temperature sensors.

Comment

It looks unfortunately that others have had problems with this:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...-child-devices

Comment

Originally posted by mikedr View Post
          What sort of child devices are created during inclusion? Just to be on the safe side, exclude/remove the device from Homeseer, and then again non-secure include. Also the try rescanning the device. Basically, you need to get Homeseer to create child nodes for the temperature sensors.
          Yup, did all that and every conceivable combination. HS just won't recognize the temp device. I'm going to order another one from Amazon just on the off chance I got a bad unit.

Comment

In looking at the thread I referenced above, as well as some others, it doesn’t appear that this product is fully compatible with Homeseer unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by mikedr View Post
              In looking at the thread I referenced above, as well as some others, it doesn’t appear that this product is fully compatible with Homeseer unfortunately.
              is anyone aware of a comparable device?
              Thanks in advance!

Comment

It is on the to do list from Homeseer. But please open a ticket as well, so they hurry up a bit.... i opened my tickets monthd ago.

In the mean time I went for the shelly UNI. Similar but wifi.

Cor

Comment

Originally posted by Corvl1 View Post
                  It is on the to do list from Homeseer. But please open a ticket as well, so they hurry up a bit.... i opened my tickets monthd ago.

In the mean time I went for the shelly UNI. Similar but wifi.

Cor
                  That's news! I submitted a trouble ticket. I was pulling my hair out over this. The Fibaro site claims it's HS compatible. I'll post back here the reply from HS. At least I can get started on the input reporting. I'm using it for my pool. One temp sensor to report on when the pump is running, One sensor to report when the filter canister goes above a preset pressure to remind me to change the filter. Two DS temp sensors, one for the pool temp and one for the spa temp. I'll create an event "Heat the spa" which will alert me when it reaches its ready temp.

P.S. Do you have a ticket number I can reference with them?

Comment

Working...
                  X